ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp wire into door

right someone fancy giving me a hand here, trying to get my amp connected to my front door speakers. i was gonna just crimp onto the current wire in the footwell...but i dont know what ones are for the speakers...cause they change colour in the door:(

anyone know what wires are for the speakers

are they the standard components? as if they are, they are good for stock but not good enough to warrent buying an amp, what is giving them 30rms, your HU, what HU have you got???

no i have new audiobahn comps that take 150rms. so of course they are worth amping..sorry if i wasnt clear.

and most head units are 4x50w max...so you know their rms figure will be more like 25-30 really.

prob wont be even that!!! depends on what make ect...

Yer definatly amp them, no 2 questions, make a huge difference. I havnt installed any of my ice in my car for the simple fact - i dont have the car yet- but ive got the stock pile of amps, mp3 player, comps, soon to have 6.5" subs in rear door, or the new genesis 6x9 subs in the rear (as i cannot afford space in the boot, used to be able to in the Discovery, not now!!!)

So i cant help with how to get wires through, its usually quite hard and you sometimes have to cut the grommet to feed the cables through,

So what have you done with your comps?? dont they have xovers?? if so what did you do??

ive installed the xovers in the boot. and ran new wire down the side of my car along side my rcas

im gonna finish it tommorow, hopefully i can get it sorted:)

oh, sorry i thought u meant that you had the comps in before and now your were going to amp them up!!!

Cool, tell me how you get on, as i will be doing it shortly.

Thanks Mate

Rorrie