ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp wire tips!!

Elise/VX220/R26

Right today Ive finally got my amp wire in. I dont know if Mk1s are slightly different to Mk2 172s but the methods Ive read about how people have done it would not have worked on my mk2.

How Ive done it is through the bonnet release grommet but not from inside the car. If you take off the passanger side front wheel and get inside the wheel arch there is a round plastic fixing just to the side of where the brake lines come in from the engine bay. Taking this off allows you to peel back a small bit of the inner arch trim. If you look up to the right behind the trim youve taken off you can see the bonnet release grommet.

From inside the arch I pushed a scredriver through the side of the grommet and then fed a wire coathanger through and then attached the amp wire and pulled it through to the car.

Jobs a good un. Doing it that way if you have a mk2 will save you a lot of time as whilst it probably is possible to do it by feeding a wire through from inside the car the position of the grommet and also lack of space inside the engine bay make it a lot more fiddly than it needs be. Had it done in 20 mins.