ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Wiring connectors

you're not supposed to use pliers, this is a common mistake, that will flatten the connector, you're supposed to use crimers, this will force the middle down and grip the cable inside

i'd get some new connectors if i was you and redo it with the correct tools
 
WEB%20IMAGES-WIRE%20CRIMPERS.jpg


not the best pic, but it gives you a clue as to what they look like
 
Ok I'm looking at one now, I see the split - so you use the crimpers to crush them lengthways?
 
yer i got the top ones cost somet like 2-3 quid , n makes life alot easy strippin wires and crimpin
 
Ok just so I'm 100% sure on the way to crush.

Picture a:
SQ1200XS1.JPG
this way!



Picture b:
SQ1200XS2.JPG
that way!



Picture c:
davecs.jpg

Dave's way!
 
I would've thought that would squash it flat just like pliers.

Orrrr, the split is where the metal begins... ahhh it all falls into place.

Thx Bryan.
 
it yer using pliers , use the sire cutter part , but add a nail (or somet) at the tip (grip part) so they dont cut through it
 
Back
Top