ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp wiring

EX-172 driver :(
Hi guys, i fancy installing a sub + amp which i am yet to purchase, but i am unsure of the routing of the power cable. Do i need to drill a hole somewhere or is there one pre-drilled? A photo would be great showing the location of where to drill or where the hole is cause im not exactly sure where im looking. I also fancy building the sub into the area just behind the left rear wheel arch, any comments on how to achieve this or who could carry out this work? oh, its for me baby 172 btw :approve:

Cheers in advance!

Use the bonnet release cable hole/grommit to run the power through.

Autoaccoustics do a sub box that fits exactly where you are talking about. (I have one in my setup).

As chewie says use the bonnet release grommet. You can see it when you look up under the glovebox side of the dash. Pop the PAS resevoir off the clip on the bulkhead and put your hand down between the heat/sound deadening and bulkhead you'll feel the grommet and be able to feed the cable through.

EX-172 driver :(
I'll take a look for that grommet in a bit thanks guys. That stealth box from autoacoustics looks good, the sub fits nearside and an amp offside yeah? Cant leave ya with much boot space though eh?? but then i didnt buy my baby for the boot lol :approve:

Clio Sport 172
Can i just ask how you managed to et the amp cable through cos for the last 3 hours i have been trying and i have no knuckles left ?

if you're using anything thicker than 8gauge cable, its near impossible.

I used 4 gauge cable so ended up drilling a new hole and shoving a new grommit in there.

clio si dti
im sure ive seen a few people put o awg through the bonnetr catch grommit, i think you may need to widen the hole try poking a screwdriver through it if you can and also spray some wd40 on the wire and poke it through

Clio Sport 172
Well i got it fitted but this is definatly not the easiest place to fit it. Brute force an ignorance got me through :D