ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

>>>>>>>&amp

HEY AS MOST OF YOU KNOW IM LOOKING TO BUY A 16V IM WILLING TO SPEND THE DOUGH GETTING IT SKIMMED ETC I WAS WONDERING IF I WAS TO GET A 91 ENGINE WITH SAY FOR EXAMPLE 90K+ ON THE CLOCK WHAT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT WITH IT FROM SAY A 60K ENGINE, I GUESS I MEAN WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE IT A GOOD RELIABLE ENGINE.

JAMIE.

Thing is with any enigine even if it has done 60k, do you know when the cam belt was last changed etc? I bought mine it had done 89k, and I have spent £600 on the engine but that includes, new clutch,cambelt,head gasket, re-seated valves, fan-belt, new radiator, new engine stabaliser and some thing holding the gearbox!! And now it should as reliable if not more than a 60k version as I know the work has been done! bit long winded but there you go!

not necessarily anything, you seem dead set that a 90k engine is going to require work. mines got 95k and is still fine.

i wouldnt even cosider getting it rebuilt untill it was starting to burn excessive oil.

Thats true , that is the thing you never know what is going to happen! I am perfectly happy with mine, and it cost me a hell of alot less than a low miler

OH WELL THATS ALL GOOD NEWS HEHEHEHEHE

SORRY M8 ITS NOT THAT I THINK SOMETHINGS GONNA GO WRONG THATS JUST WHAT PEOPLE SAY ("OH THATS GOT A LOT OF MILES ON IT")

NICE ONE SO IF I GET A 90K+ ENGINE WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD GET DONE FIRST IMPROVMENTS WISE, NOT RENEW WISE.

HEHEHEHE IM SO EXCITED.

HIGH MILERS ARE MUCH CHEAPER.

MANY THANKS JAMIE.

just make sure the engine is tight and not burning oil, before you buy it!

then maybe a service,

and when your happy the engine is ok then start to play if you have the desire!

just bear in mind these things fly anyway!

hehehehehehe im quite excited hehehehe cant wait. how will i know if its burning oil.

ive got lots of sh*t to check on whatever car i go to see.

(ive got that list of the buyers guid.)

New idea:

"Pay one of the clio masters in the relevant area to check out the merchandise"

May sound daft but would be really helpful, and would root out the weeds from the flowers!!

I bought a 309gti with 101k miles on the clock, the engine was great felt like new (but it did have full PSH) and i kept the car for 10k more miles before selling her, unfortunately the rest of the car was a wreck (well parts of it ie the rear beam ) but if looked after and has fsh you should get a good reliable car

Tony

check for puff of blue smoke on hard gear change(bottom end)

check for smoke on cold start up and throttle blipping(top end)

a good test is let the engine warm up to tempreture, leave it to idle for 5 minutes then boot it!!!!!!

blue smoke = top end

ok so i take it you mean

hard accell gear change then hard accell again and if blue smoke bottom end

what you mean by the throttle blipping.