ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amplifier setup for sub and 6x9's

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi,

I have just purchased a Kenwood kac 8404(link) and a 12" infinity sub. Along with some 6x9's.

If im understanding correctly, the amp being 4 channel.. means i can run the sub and the 6x9's off it?

I want to bond 2 channels to the sub which, if im understanding correctly, should leave me 2 channels to run 1 for each 6x9. using the wiring from the old rear speaker to go into the amp then out to the 6x9's..

Or should i just wire the sub off the amp and run the 6x9's by taking the wires off the old rears and connecting them to the 6x9's?

your advice is appreciated :D

Reg

Last edited:
I'd lose the 6*9's tbh, the sub will drown them out. 6*9 in general are cack, round speakers are so much better.

With regards to the amp etc, I know what i'd do but I don't know if it's correct.

Have two channels running the 6*9's then bridge the other two to one channel to run the sub.

It's years since I messed with stereos:eek:

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Im pretty much quite new to setting stereos myself but personally id agree with cat im not into 6x9's just changed all my standard speakers and added 2 subs in the back it mite be best you get another amp to run the 6x9's so it doesent just send bass to them just a thought i could be wrong so dont quote me might work without that. Good luck anyways mate hope it works out. :)

ITB'd MK1
never fit speakers in a shelf if you have a sub in the boot for a start, the sub will distort the sound completely. A quality set of front speakers and a 12 in sub with appropriate amplification will blow away any setup involving 6x9s. I like pioneer co-axials (if you can't afford separate mids and tweets) very good value.

That Amp should power a fairly low end sub OK, but even bridges you'll be hitting no more than 120watts RMS if you're lucky, and that's FLAT OUT. Ideally you want an amp with a higher RMS wattage than the sub, then turn the gain down. An Infinity sub deserves better IMO.

Clio Sport 172 02
so what speakers you recommend for the rear? Anything in particular.. like round ones to go in place of the rear ones in the side card?

ITB'd MK1
so what speakers you recommend for the rear? Anything in particular.. like round ones to go in place of the rear ones in the side card?

ditch the rear speakers. pointless. Like I said, a good 3 speaker setup will kick the s**t out of most multi-speaker lash-ups you see

Read a bit more of the spec on that page, seems a nice amp, I'm just questioning if it's well matched to the sub :)