ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amps

clio 172
hello there and let me thank you for your time in reading this post

quick question

whats better for front and back speakers?

2 x 2 channel amps
1x 4 channel amp

i am in two minds as the speakers in the front and back are both the same

thanx again

A3 1.8T
Hi,

To be honest you shouldn't need to amp rear speakers. A member here will soon come along with a quote witht he following senatce "when you go to a concert do you stand to your back to the stage?"
Basically what they are saying is you get a better sound spending more money on the speakers/amp upfront thatn you would spending money amping rears. I would say spend the budget on a good front amp. Either that or buy my JL amp 75 RMS x2 only want £60 plus postage ;)

Polo + Micra
you might aswell get a 4 channel

but the rears are not really needed so could be run from the hu just for a bit of rear fill

"Navy" N17 TWO
Hi,

To be honest you shouldn't need to amp rear speakers. A member here will soon come along with a quote witht he following senatce "when you go to a concert do you stand to your back to the stage?"
Basically what they are saying is you get a better sound spending more money on the speakers/amp upfront thatn you would spending money amping rears. I would say spend the budget on a good front amp. Either that or buy my JL amp 75 RMS x2 only want £60 plus postage ;)

Knowsit!
I see someone is learning ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hi,

Knowsit!
I see someone is learning ;)

Heh, theres always the argument of 'stereo imaging' though. People in bands try and record the music as though the band were playing on stage in an ambient room, so they will record songs using stereo imaging which places sounds they want in the background/forground/left side/right side etc etc. The fronts are the more important speakers for sure, but upgrading the rears can also be beneficial depending on what sort of music you listen to.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nomatter what music you listen to, (even if you were going down the route of putting in surround sound for a DVD setup) all you need is a set of good coaxils in the rear.

Wee buns :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Nomatter what music you listen to, (even if you were going down the route of putting in surround sound for a DVD setup) all you need is a set of good coaxils in the rear.

haha, we half agree. Its not essential but can be helpfull to upgrade rears then :)

"Navy" N17 TWO

haha, we half agree. Its not essential but can be helpfull to upgrade rears then :)

You hit the head on the nail there lol

The standard speakers are "ok" but we like to upgrade them to raise the standards of our installs :)
The guy who sells me my ICE is a rep for Focal, always at conferences in speaker factories.
He has told me the standard Clio speakers cost Renault £0.65 to make! :rolleyes: