ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An Aircon Question

CB1N
I have regassed my aircon so it works perfectly when set to cold. As far as heating is concerned hot air is coming out at all times except when car is started. It blows cold air until the engine coolant heats up, no matter whether ac is on or off.
What I want is to have the heating the moment the engine is started, if possible. Is this normal or it can be fixed?
Also the interior sensor fan is buzzing my ears off so it prolly needs changing....

CB1N
Ok so u r saying that AC can be used just for cooling but not for heating, and that for heating to be effective, the engine coolant passing to the heater matrix must be hot.
I am asking because I can get hot air straight away (no waiting for engine temperature to rise) after cold start in my Pug 307, just by using AC. Dont get me wrong I am satisfied with how everything works in my Clio, just wanna make sure everything works as it should...

Thx

200bhp itb'd iceberg
my air con is warm even when set to cold and engine is up to temp =S its just been re-gassed though any ideas?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
im not sure as i didnt have it done, recently bought the car you see and was told it had been done

Is the aircon compressor working? Pop open the bonnet, start your engine, then press the aircon button if it's working you'll hear a click from the compressor. If you don't hear anything then the gas has probably leaked out as it only works if there is enough pressure in the system.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Is the aircon compressor working? Pop open the bonnet, start your engine, then press the aircon button if it's working you'll hear a click from the compressor. If you don't hear anything then the gas has probably leaked out as it only works if there is enough pressure in the system.

Click? If it's anything like any of my old Clios it sounds more like someone taking a lump hammer to the block!

OP - Air Conditioning is purely for cooling. For heat, you need the coolant to get up to temperature.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah don't press the ac button if you want the car to get warm lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Click? If it's anything like any of my old Clios it sounds more like someone taking a lump hammer to the block!

OP - Air Conditioning is purely for cooling. For heat, you need the coolant to get up to temperature.

Click, clunk, clonk whatever :clown: