ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

+ and - colours

Nissan R35 GT-R

Could anyone tell me which colour cable goes to + and which goes to - on the new Clios please.

I need to know both the front and rear + and - colours for both sides as Im in a bit of a phase muddle. Thanks in advance.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

- is earth so that would be black

+ is your live feed so that would be red..

hope that helps.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea thats right theyre all different colours that follow no logic whatsoever but thanks all the same :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well there is some logic in that there is normally a striped one and a plain one.. connect them all the same way round and you should be okay..

Use a multimeter to determine which is +ve and which is -ve.

Purple Cables mean very little.. heh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I was ofcourse going on the assumption that he didnt have a multimeter.. ;) in which case you could always implement the AA battery test.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea I dont have a multimeter, but there must be a simple way to tell. There are no give aways like 1 is striped and the other isnt on any cable set.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hmm other than stripping my own car down (is the cup/172 the same ? who knows) I cant really think of an easy way to do it..

best go spend 10 quid on a cheap multimeter.. it will come in handy again sometime in the future anyway..

I would send you my one but It a pro one which cost about 100 quid. (well I didnt pay for it my work did)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

basically if a speaker is out of phase the bass will sound crap.. put two speakers facing each other (relativly close) and turn up the bass.. now reverse the polarity of on of the speakers does it sound better or worse..

it should sound "farty" (techincal term) one of the ways .. this way is out of phase.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Unfortunately the cable colours on the plug do not correspond to what is in the door :(

Also I got a multimeter today but that does not tell you if the polarity is + or - since it is alternating current.