ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

and so it begins.....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOVE it! p**n! YOu got any shots of the underside of the vee!? I need to see something!

Lionel Richie
^yeah its going, don't worry!

right some pictures for you all, postman was busy today!

Airbox is back from Reverie, its had a custom filter tray made housing 2 x K&N pannel filters
DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

now with twin 100mm ports (old ones were 85mm)
DSC_0042.jpg

some 4inch "donkey dick" arrived from DT, apparently its safe upto 180degC
DSC_0043.jpg

for those of you that know, the V6 only has 1 air intake behind the factory passenger side pod, it also happens to be 100mm (4inch) now my fancy airbox has twin 4inch ports

now how do you split 1 4inch feed into 2?? you can either pay for someone to fabricate a 4inch "Y" pipe or fabricate one yourself, which is what i was about to do, but by the time i buy the material, spend 2 hours cutting/welding blah blah blah it was easier to busy this
DSC_0044.jpg

£8 from a dust extraction company!

:D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So your having 2 100mm pipes going to 1 100mm hole. Dare i ask why have two?

Lionel Richie
@ waitey

when i ordered the airbox originally, i ordered it with 2 85mm ports to use in conjunction with 2 BMC CDA's as i thought that was the way to go. Then when trying to package it so the filters fitted under the engine covers was basically "a mare"!!!

so i decided to bin the BMC's and have a panel filter and tray fitted inside the box, and at the same time have the old 85mm ports ripped out and 2 100mm ports put in (would've cost more "repairing" the box to 1 4 inch port than it was to have 2 new ones put in)

also if i'd stuck with the 85mm ports i would've had a few problems

1) 85mm ducting = hard to come buy (4inch that i now use is easy to come by)
2) i would've had to have a Y piece fabricated anyway 2 x 85 into 1 x 100

so its a bit of a c**k about and wasted money, but i'm happy with it now!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ahhhh i get you now. Working best around the problem you had. Fair play.

I bet the guys at Reverie bent you over for it though.

Lionel Richie
yeah it is now possibly the most expensive airbox ever made! LOL

i might fit a NACA duct into the under floor and run an air feed off that, then i would have 2 feeds :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A friend had some ITB inlet trumpets made by them in different sizes for his triumph TR7.

If only he hadn't but a BMW V12 in it. Ended up costing as much as the donor car!

sex in carbon that fred, same question though (purely on a selfish level as i would like to photograph it) will it be up and blasting through the lines for FCS?

jamie

looks awsome dude you gotta to take me out in it :)
will let you have a play in my new motor.................sound a deal??

Exotica/MK1 Astra
i can't find a pic but the current V8 Vantage has a in single inlet to the inlet manifold but has twin airboxes, the intake duct is about the right size for what you're after, you couly use th eintact duct to convert a single filter to twin port into the carbon airbox

Lionel Richie
^i'll have to pop down to my "other" workplace and have a nose at one of their V8's, they've got 4.3's IIRC that won't matter will it?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^i'll have to pop down to my "other" workplace and have a nose at one of their V8's, they've got 4.3's IIRC that won't matter will it?
I could get some pics if that'd help? The other workplace wouldn't be the driving experience place would it ;)