ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android 4.0.4 won't turn wifi on.

Weird problem my nephew got a tablet for Christmas yesterday. When you click on wifi then turn on it just says turning on wifi and nothing else. I'm not into android not a clue the tablet itself is in Namable even it's box has nothing identifying what it is. Anyone any clues? I've tried factory reset and still no difference. The majority of the details about the device (under about tablet) just displays unknown.

I'm clueless can someone help?

Cheers

Nick

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sounds like a software problem. Missing info makes it sound like the kernel is missing drivers. Where did it come from?

Another pass on that question buddy. I sent him home with it because the battery died on me. Think it needs reflashing? It has a slot for a micro sd card which so I'm told or read anyway it will try and boot from and do updates from? I can also connect a pen drive to it and see if that helps? Any idea on flashing these things or what the next steps it would be?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
If you can tell me what it is I'll try to help. Reflashing is easy on some and awkward on others. Depends on the processor

Which would you like to know mate? I can give you the specs of the device. The actual box of it just says Android 4D and that's about it. The booklet you get with it just has health and safety gobble de gook and the specs of the device.

This sounds (don't want to be rude) like a cheap china copy, my girlfriend got given one a while back it was slow and a general pain to use it had no description of what it was anywhere, that had problems with wifi such as you had to manually put the ssid in as it wouldn't find it on a search and the connection would drop non stop, also the battery life was shocking

No offence mate ;) I didn't buy it haha so it doesn't bother me I just get lumbered with the damn problems. It won't even let Me put in an SSID it just says turning on wifi... And nothing else I click switch off wifi and that displays on screen still.

Hmm most likely will need reflashing then, does it have a micro USB port on it that you could plug into a pc ? Have a search on YouTube see if there is any tutorials of how to do it must be fairly straight forward

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Which would you like to know mate? I can give you the specs of the device. The actual box of it just says Android 4D and that's about it. The booklet you get with it just has health and safety gobble de gook and the specs of the device.

picture of the device. specs, type of processor

Can't reflash it without knowing what it is as any ROM has to be device specific to have the right drivers. Reflash the wrong way and you'll brick it.

It's even possible there is no internal WIFI and you need to get a USB wifi dongle/nano