ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Emulator

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gents, nerds.

Considered a few options for gaming recently, I play a bit of game pass on an off and the switch is brilliant. Wondering the best and easiest options for emulation on android. Would be the s24 ultra so don't imagine power would be an issue. Will be playing with a controller like gamesir g8 for example also.

It's a minefield and if I bought an emulation device I would probably play it very little.

Console wise, ideally up to ps2 if that's even possible.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I had a retroid pocket 3 running the AetherSX2 emulator for PS2.
It’s a little bit hit and miss which games run well, Simpsons hit and run I couldn’t get to run well despite the graphics being fairly simple.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If I was going to use another machine I would just use the switch nes/n64 games you can play.

Just know another piece of tech would hardly get used.

I would however use the emulator with the controller / grip and phone. I enjoy jumping into COD mobile etc even on the ipad (with controller), just fancied some emulator games.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah sorry, the software. Will have a look at it for Android. What console did yours play up to?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It maxed out at Ps2/Gameboy.

I used AetherSX2 for PS2, Dolphin for GameCube and Arduboy for gameboy games.

Nowadays I’ve done the similar to you and just switched to using my iPhone/ipad I dip in and out of playing every few months so having a console seems overkill.

Quite a few good games on iOS store now too like Gta vice city/San Andreas, Sonic, Metal slug and the new resident evil ports.

For everything else I’ve got that Xbox cloud gaming, if you’ve got a really good internet connection then it’s £12 a month and you can play on anything with a browser and a controller connected.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I use game pass. It's brilliant. Playing Forza on my Samsung TV even without a console is mad to think about. Okay it on the iPad air also. Great little sessions.

Was more just for grab and play on my new phone. Will research a bit more. Was hoping for here is the best download click it and bam away you go!