ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
Thought I'd start a thread to discuss Game Pass Ultimate (GPU) and the games available, with Microsoft owning so many software houses now it looks like this model might be the future of gaming.

Subscription

So a bit of an overview, for £10.99 a month you get:
  • Xbox Live Gold
  • Over 100 games on Xbox and PC
  • EA Play included from Nov 10th
  • MS titles on day one included
  • Free perks (e.g. Forza Horizon DLC this month)
  • Cloud gaming (Android only atm)
Of course you can buy subscriptions cheaper via pre paid scratch cards just like you can with Gold which often work our cheaper.

However, there is currently a little 'hack' to get GPU for a lot less, to do this you must not be currently subscribing to GPU (it is ok if you have had it previously but it must have lapsed):

1) Buy up to 3 years of Gold Subscription (recommend CDKeys for ~£40/year)
2) Add these to your account, if you have bought 3 years be careful not to accept any free bonus months during redemption as the maximum you can stack is 36 months
3) Go to this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and selected the option to upgrade to 'Xbox Games Pass Ultimate' and it opens up a new page
4) Click the £10.99 button and it tells you that your gold will be converted to GPU (up to 36 months) BUT you will pay for the first month (£1 if new or £10.99 if you have had it before like me)
5) Now you should have Game Pass Ultimate in place of your Gold membership

I don't know how long this offer will be on for, it is likely MS will drop Gold soon so it might not be about for a lot longer!

Games

Current flagship games include Forza Horizon 4, DOOM Eternal, Gears 5, Forza 7, Destiny 2, Minecraft amongst many more.

However I've found some of the smaller, lesser known, games to be really worth the subscription.

My favourite games I've played recently are:

The Turing Test - A really cool puzzler, it's made by the devs who made Pneuma which was a game I loved. It has a very portal vibe too.

header.jpg

Touryst - Originally a switch game, this is imo quite an old school platformer, but it's a really cool little game with interesting puzzles and really infuriating mini games contained within it.

the-touryst-switch-hero.jpg

The Gardens Between - This is a strange little indie game where you control time and complete puzzles based around time, maybe not everyones cup of tea but a cool game imo.

The_gardens_between_cover_art.jpg

So hopefully the above information helps some people, and we can post about games worth playing in this thread 🙂

Clio
The Touryst, my favourite 10 pinter game. Can sit there for hours trying the same level over and over again. Currently stuck on the level where you need to ride on the slabs and land them on the pillars whilst the octopus thing pisses you off.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
The Touryst, my favourite 10 pinter game. Can sit there for hours trying the same level over and over again. Currently stuck on the level where you need to ride on the slabs and land them on the pillars whilst the octopus thing pisses you off.
That must be the last one? I've not done it yet, think I need to find all the bottles in the ocean to get the tourist guide to visit the last island.

I've also not managed to do the drums yet, bloody winds me up, so close to throwing the pad through the TV!

Clio
That must be the last one? I've not done it yet, think I need to find all the bottles in the ocean to get the tourist guide to visit the last island.

I've also not managed to do the drums yet, bloody winds me up, so close to throwing the pad through the TV!
Touryst completed.

It was the last level, last bit.

Only thing I don't think I did was the Ybiza party thing where you need to get the full rating on the party meter.

Scrolls did my head in finding the last one in the mine.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
Touryst completed.

It was the last level, last bit.

Only thing I don't think I did was the Ybiza party thing where you need to get the full rating on the party meter.

Scrolls did my head in finding the last one in the mine.
I've not played for a few days now, I realised on Sunday that I missed one of the main monuments (was expecting it on the secret island but it wasn't), the one with the orbs and rotating platforms. I'm currently stuck on the boss, I can get on it's head and get the light but then always end up in the drink and die because he destroys the platform I jump to.

I was on the verge of needing blood pressure tablets so I'm having a break 😂.

Clio
Its gone mental this week. Was going to buy AC Valhalla on Tuesday, but looking at Games Pass I won't need to buy it until its £9.99 CeX.

First on the list is Star Wars Jedi something or other
Then Planet Coaster as a time killer
Also Need for Speed as I haven't played them since the PS2 I think.

Just off to Asda now to buy some pink thongs to hide in my Jeans so the Mrs thinks I'm having an affair and I can move out for a few weeks and take the xbox with me.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
Yep it's pretty insane. I have Jedi installed, yet to play it. FF also got added.

I'm trying to complete as much of Talos Principle as possible before it's removed on Sunday, this is one of the downsides of game pass, games can hook you and then get removed (especially third party games).

Tetris is great and on game pass, Gears Tactics and 5 looks bloody amazing too on the XSX!. All the Halo games have been added, and with EA Play too there really is something for everyone. I don't know when I'll need to buy a game again.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  981 Cayman
I have a 14 day trial of GPU if anyone wants it? Came with my spare pad but I'll not need it.