ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android for business use

Rav4
Hi All,

Currently use E71's for all business phones (60) looking to change to Android.

Testing the Wildfire S at the moment, they are nice.

We use MS Exchange for our email service.

1) In order to use the market place, you need a google account, I don't really want all work people to have a google email account, can this be avoided?
2) Using Active Sync on our test, works well, picks up emails / calendars / contacts as it should, however, when you go into your contacts and send an email through your contacts, it defaults to opening up a google account. How can I stop this and get it to do exchange?

Thanks in advanced,

G.

We use mainly android now and they work great most of the time. Not found a way around the google account, we just create one then remove the gmail icon from the main screen so they don't use it.

Just tried sending an email from contacts, and it asks me which account I want to send from, gmail or mail (exchange). There is a tick box to set as default. If you don't see this, reset it by going into settings, applications, manage applications, people, clear defaults.