ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Marshmallow 6.0

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I had the developer previews, but went back to Lollipop. It seemed to run well when it was on though.

Will wait for the OTA update to arrive, cba doing it manually.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I had the developer previews, but went back to Lollipop. It seemed to run well when it was on though.

Will wait for the OTA update to arrive, cba doing it manually.

The idle battery drain is superb. The doze features seems relatively aggressive at hibernating syncing apps.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Used to get them quite quick on my Nexus 5.
I think it would kill my N5 but I really want to try it. Something is seriously broke on it, the battery lasts less than 5 hours now on moderate usage. Need to swap it out soon but I'll try and hold out until the 6 is released.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I think it would kill my N5 but I really want to try it. Something is seriously broke on it, the battery lasts less than 5 hours now on moderate usage. Need to swap it out soon but I'll try and hold out until the 6 is released.

Easy enough to do with the WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Easy enough to do with the WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit.
I think I'll sort the battery issue out first. I'll have a look and see how easy it is to strip the phone and swap the batteries out.
It'll probably come through OTA before I've sorted it anyway! Just too lazy.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mines just coming through OTA. Installed new battery the other day too on my N5. Snapped a couple of the clips on the case though but it's alright.
3 more weeks of this contract, Nexus 6p next I think.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not really noticing much difference but I am using Nova so that might be masking some of the stock Marshmallow stuff.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
not into tech to much but does anyone know if this will be out on the LG g3? as my battry drain at the moment is unreal!!

LG's flagship smartphones -- LG G4, and LG G3 -- could be among the first handsets outside Google's Nexus and Android One devices to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software update, the latest iteration of company's Google's mobile operating system.

Sounds like it will be yeah. Either very late this year or next year i'd say.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You'd need to investigate whether there is a specific app etc that is keeping your phone awake.

They just announced that the G4 will get Android M in Poland next week, so the rollout has commenced for their flagship device. The G3 will be a little while yet I imagine.