ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android - What's the Latest Version

Mito Sportiva 135
Just got my Galaxy S2 back from repair and not sure what they've done to it but seems different to how it was. Checked the software and it is 2.3.5 - is this ICS does anyone know, or a soft update before ICS is released?

Only seem to be minor differences (e.g. Android Shop is now called Google Play)?

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh right...not sure why it is different to the version of Gingerbread I had then?

Anyone know when ICS is out for Orange / SGS2 per chance?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Have you ever though about
Getting it rooted then flashing a new rom to it? Can be quite complicated for a beginner but really unleashes the phones power and ability

I did this with mine, chances are xda developers or Modaco have already made it possible for ICS

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
2.3.5 is the most recent for the S2 and as far as I know all Androids call the market Google Play now.
I rooted mine but still run the stock ROM. Mainly because ICS is just around the corner and all the ROMS I've looked at have minor issues.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok cheers for the info guys! Will the phone auto update the software when it is available or have to manually push it through?

RealNumer1...I did consider that but not sure what to do to be honest!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ok cheers for the info guys! Will the phone auto update the software when it is available or have to manually push it through?

RealNumer1...I did consider that but not sure what to do to be honest!!

depends how you have it set. It's normally a pretty big download, so you want it to be on wifi to update. Check your software version, and there should be a tick box for automatic checking for updates

Mito Sportiva 135
When I go to Software Update in Settings...it takes me into a Samsung account login...is this usual? I would have thought it was just be via Google rather than Samsung?