ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Announcement- Please Read

S2000

I am pleased to announce that myself and Kathy are resigning as chairpeople of ClioSport so that we can have our lives back.

I am sorry to say that we are no longer willing to give up all of our time to get constantly insulted and critisised by the small but persistent minority of the people that use this site. We are aware that the majority of people do appreciate what we do but unfortunately the minority have spoiled it.

Roamer will be in charge of the website and forum. The rest of the admin team will continue to run the club as a team without us.

We will tie up any loose ends that we are currently working on such as the fleece order and that will be it.

This decision is final and effective immediately.

Regards

Wayne & Kathy

[Edited on 24 May 2005 at 1:40am]

This thread used to be titled smokey.

[Edited by specialK on 26 June 2005 at 6:25pm]

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 23 May 2005
is this an unsubtle way of saying its his fault and a parting shot out of interest?

no

he was asking in club questions where the news is ;)

:eek:

If thats what you really wanna do, then im not going to stop you.

However dont you think its a bit drastic?

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 23 May 2005
Your a bit late for april fools guys... :sick:

no joke Si

Sorry to see you guys go but maybe a new broom will clean all the sh*t out and start over.....

Might get less polishing and more performance posts and then Ill renew my membership.

*copied from other thread*

-----------------

:cry: only met you both once at brands... its a shame but i can fully understand why you decided this.

Will you both be staying on the forum?

/Dan.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 23 May 2005

*copied from other thread*

-----------------

:cry: only met you both once at brands... its a shame but i can fully understand why you decided this.

Will you both be staying on the forum?

/Dan.
Same here really, except it was the spa trip and i think somewhere else as well.

Its a shame things have got this far out of control.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Just goes to show how much hard work goes on behind the scenes and hopefully the admin team as a whole can cope from now on. Some of you guys forget that this is all voluntary work and has to be done in free time so is no walk in the park.

Thanks for all your hard work W+K over the years.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 May 2005

Just goes to show how much hard work goes on behind the scenes and hopefully the admin team as a whole can cope from now on. Some of you guys forget that this is all voluntary work and has to be done in free time so is no walk in the park.

ive moderated many sites in the past, busier forums than this, and i know its most definitely no walk in the park, however mutual respect is needed between members and moderators, i can name at least 2 moderators that it seems the majority dont agree with, at least 1 of those myself included

just because you become a moderator doesnt mean you have to stop getting involved on the forum in the discussions, stay part of the members and they will be your friends, moderate only and you will look like Hitler

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 23 May 2005

just because you become a moderator doesnt mean you have to stop getting involved on the forum in the discussions, stay part of the members and they will be your friends, moderate only and you will look like Hitler
It could be that they dont have time to post that much if they are moderating? I seem to live on here sometimes lol and thats usually just reading stuff!

Lionel Richie

shame that the c***s on here f**k it up, bring backthe old days

Captain Slarty, those were the days!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 May 2005Just goes to show how much hard work goes on behind the scenes and hopefully the admin team as a whole can cope from now on. Some of you guys forget that this is all voluntary work and has to be done in free time so is no walk in the park.

Thanks for all your hard work W+K over the years.[/QUOTE]ive moderated many sites in the past, busier forums than this, and i know its most definitely no walk in the park, however mutual respect is needed between members and moderators, i can name at least 2 moderators that it seems the majority dont agree with, at least 1 of those myself includedjust because you become a moderator doesnt mean you have to stop getting involved on the forum in the discussions, stay part of the members and they will be your friends, moderate only and you will look like Hitler

for starters, this is a car club, not just a forum, there is lots of work that has to be done that has no relation to the forum, this club is more than just a forum.

FCS organisation for starters, memberships, area reps etc.

As far as mods go, I cant really name a hitler, they are all fair and are only enforcing the rules which is their job, only people who break the rules will have run ins with them.

They spend a lot of time moderating and therefore have les time to post, doesnt mean to say they arent classed as members like you or I ( or do you class me the same as them as an admin?)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 24 May 2005

for starters, this is a car club, not just a forum, there is lots of work that has to be done that has no relation to the forum, this club is more than just a forum.

Yep would like to see the small minority of complainers take over the running of the club. No p**n anymore ... no drugs ... too many polishing threads lets make it personally and drive WKD out. The beginning of the end since theyll never be happy ... will the last one out please turn off the lights. :cry:

Mini Cooper S sport

Thats a shame - first Jas and now you guys - good luck Roamer...

Whos going to change my forum name for me now!? ;-)

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 23 May 2005

:eek:

If thats what you really wanna do, then im not going to stop you.

However dont you think its a bit drastic?
some people are never happy eh.... give it a rest

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 24 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 May 2005

ive moderated many sites in the past, busier forums than this, and i know its most definitely no walk in the park, however mutual respect is needed between members and moderators, i can name at least 2 moderators that it seems the majority dont agree with, at least 1 of those myself included

As far as mods go, I cant really name a hitler, they are all fair and are only enforcing the rules which is their job, only people who break the rules will have run ins with them.

They spend a lot of time moderating and therefore have les time to post, doesnt mean to say they arent classed as members like you or I ( or do you class me the same as them as an admin?)
i wasnt having a go at you mate so please dont take any of it personally

if anyone doesnt have the time to put into it though then they shouldnt do it, thats why i stopped being the area rep, i couldnt put the required time in

Octavia VRS

All the best Wayne and Kathy, a lot of people have appreciated your time and efforts

[Edited by POW_Clio on 24 May 2005 at 12:58am]

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 May 2005

shame that the c***s on here f**k it up, bring backthe old days

Captain Slarty, those were the days!!!!!!
........and Cooper S Boy, ChavyBoy, HongKongClioMan, plus loads more....

Kathy and Wayne

SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE BOTH LEAVING, especially if you have been receiving verbal abuse from people who should know better! Thanks for all you have done for everyone.

http://www.simply-balloons.com/shop/shopimages/products/normal/1135001.jpg

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

:cry:Shame to see you go, thank you for your efforts over the past year.

Im sure everyone in Admin will do a good job.....good luck guys and Roamer.

:D

Well, its simple, we are all sick of the bullsh*t and the moaning, we are trying to run a CAR CLUB, not a p**n website, a dating site, a hot or not site, a f4k3 gay chat forum, or anything else, just a car club...

K and W have been on the recieving end of some persistant abuse, and I dont blame them, they put in their time for free, as do we all.

We talked about shutting it completly a few months ago and said if it didnt improve we would bin it. It is now on the last chance for all of us, this is why there have been no new memberships, no new website live, despite it being finished, and all the persistent moaning just hasnt helped.

no tow, it goes. SIMPLE.

It is now EVERYONES responsibility to make their voice heard when people start moaning... You like the way it is - make it clear to the MINORITY that everyone else is entiled to tell them to like it or lump it.

/y0z

Thats a real shame to see K&W go as they work so hard to keep the club going along with the team but like Yozza says its upto everyone to make the effort and keep the forum a fun and friendly place to be.

Where is Captain Slarty now??

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 23 May 2005
W an K :eek:

lol

but seriously tho... can i have your car now wayne? ;)

i take it youll both be still around in here anyway? (like that damn jas, we just cant get rid of him) thanks for all the work u done! :D

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 24 May 2005

Well, its simple, we are all sick of the bullsh*t and the moaning, we are trying to run a CAR CLUB, not a p**n website, a dating site, a hot or not site, a f4k3 gay chat forum, or anything else, just a car club...

K and W have been on the recieving end of some persistant abuse, and I dont blame them, they put in their time for free, as do we all.

We talked about shutting it completly a few months ago and said if it didnt improve we would bin it. It is now on the last chance for all of us, this is why there have been no new memberships, no new website live, despite it being finished, and all the persistent moaning just hasnt helped.

no tow, it goes. SIMPLE.

It is now EVERYONES responsibility to make their voice heard when people start moaning... You like the way it is - make it clear to the MINORITY that everyone else is entiled to tell them to like it or lump it.

/y0z

Renault Laguna Coupe

* still lost for words *

Given that its impossible to please all of the people all of the time, whoever takes over is going to get the same treatment presumably.

Shame really. Its become a no-win proposition for anyone who wants to take the site on now.

Thanks to Kathy & Wayne for all their efforts over the years.

who ever takes over should run the forum how they want it, if anyone whinges (unless its a good case) ignore it, if they dont like it go elsewhere! simple. if they keep whinging, ban em. - now can we have driving tales back please please please (oooops banning me not included) :devilish:

Pug 306 GTi-6

shocked 2 see this but i guess it was comming eventually after the posts of the past few weeks!!

im sure many people will be with me in thanking you two for what u have done and saying good luck to the admin team!

r u still gonna be around?

Well everyone, as has been said, the current admin team will continue to run the club as a whole, the forum etc will be my responsibility, and to that end it will be run as we intend, and I hope that everyone will come together over this - if the same thing happens again - I will make sure that its shut down altogether - and Im sure that the majority dont want this, so please people - stick up for what Cliosport.net is - A CAR CLUB.

As far as a new forum goes, and new website etc, it is getting going again - things aint easy for me with everything thats going on, but it will appear soon, Ill keep everyone updated as and when things happen (even though you wont be able to see them for a while).