ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Clio

Clio 182 Silver
Hi

Feel like all I do is ask for help at the min. Was on way to work this morning and hit 45800 Mileage and looked down and SERV light and what I guess is traction control lights were on. I tried to click the traction control button but did nothing.. got to work turned car off and back on again no lights...

Just annoying as only had a week.

was serviced 3 months ago, could this be due to not telling the car it was serviced?

Thanks

Don't be too concerned it's probably a very simple fix, as mine was.

Sounds like you need a new brake pedal sensor. That would be my first port of call. You could try and adjust it. But that didn't work for me so I just got a new one, only like £15 or something.

Here's the thread on how to adjust it anyhow in case you want to try that first.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?307978-Quick-guide-on-how-to-alter-brake-pedal-switch

Oh and I don't think the SERV light stands for 'service'. It is just a malfunction or alert light, telling you to take it to the dealers because something needs fixing.

If the brake pedal switch doesn't fix the lights, then the next thing you could get checked are the abs ring sensors..

Last edited:
  2014 Clio 200t edc
As said above I got this quite regularly and I adjusted my brake pedal sensor switch, (very easy to do even for me) but I think my switch is on its last legs as I get it very occasionally now. Nothing to worry about.

Clio 182 Silver
Thanks for the help guys put my mind at ease. Think buying a new one best idea.

Would this be the reason for both lights?

BMW 330D
Exactly the same fault on mine when i got it and was caused by the brake pedal sensor

They probably are working. But likely that you are having to push on the pedal much harder for the lights to show. When I had the issue my brake lights would only come on when the pedal was literally touching the floor.

Give it a test. Reverse up to a reflective surface and apply your brake pedal to see at what pressure point the lights show. Or get someone else to stand behind and tell you.

Clio 182 Silver
Can anyone link me to a good replacement. for the sake of 30 quid might as well get a new one. I researched this and many people say the same...

I looked on eBay but some strange companies on there

thanks