ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying dash rattle (pic enclosed)

It's because the strip for the air vents is lifted up slightly. I know this because when it's rattling, if I hold it down, it stops.

I tried tightening the screws right in and it sorted it for a minute but it's back again now :(

What would be best for sticking it down without all crap seeping out when you hold it in place?

The pics show where the plastic strip is lifted compared with the rest.

IMG_6174.JPG
IMG_6175.JPG

Phase 2 Iceberg 172
Mine has the same rattle from the same place but only on bumpy roads. ive just left it and turned the volume up on my headunit ;)

That works for me too but sometimes I like to listen to the exhaust or have the music on quiet and I can hear it over the top :(

Would superglue not affect the dash material? With it being really runny too I reckon it'd go everywhere.

Doublesided tape?
Black silicone...would mean removing it ofcourse.
That may be a good idea - I did think of wedging something in there but obviously that would be visible to me when driving. I think I could remove just the strip, rather than the dash... or at least lift it up enough to silicone or bond it somehow.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Will you be posting a thread soon of a positive point? Aha.

Could you not use some double sided adhesive/tape? It wouldn't really be seen.

Will you be posting a thread soon of a positive point? Aha.

Could you not use some double sided adhesive/tape? It wouldn't really be seen.
They're things that have been bugging me for months and I could never be bothered to ask about them haha.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What about some silicone spray, maybe it's just rubbing together and making a creaking sound.

I know it works on the Meganes as their dash is known for creaking.