ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying non start issue

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Hi Guys/Gals,
My Renault 19 16v is having a little issue. Basically it wont start. It started fine on Sunday morning, but then Sunday afternoon it just wouldnt start. At that point it tried to fire, but then couldnt quite bite, as if there wasnt enough fuel. Eventually I ran the battery flat, so we tried jumping it, but again wouldnt start. I then tried returning the Battery to Halfords (its still under Warranty), but they tested and said it was fine.
I charged it over night, and have just been trying to get it started. I can hear the fuel pump priming when I turn the ignition, and hving remved a spark plug I can see it has been coated in fuel, so I can only think its a leccy problem. I know its a big arena, but has anyone had a similar experience? Im pretty sure the 19 16v and clio share all the same starting kit, or at least similar.....
Sorry out the essay,
Thanks Tom.

You've flooed it by the sounds.

Err this isn't a good idea as its not good for the cat but put youer foot on the accelerator and then start the car you'll get a huge big ploom of black smoke but it will start.
I guess you've been moving the car about for very short movments when you do this the engine is cold and so it injects extra fule doi this twice ro so and the extra fule doesn't burn just sits in the engine and the engine doesn't want to start.