ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Squeaking Noise

Since having my decat fitted on the valver, Ive sounded an annoying little squeak coming from around the gear stick area when pulling away, going over bumps etc. Ive even noticed it a few times when shutting the doors lol. Could this be the gear selector touching something or am I completely off the mark?! Thanks in advance, Steve :approve:

Fiesta ST
I've got a very annoying squeek on mine, and I can't figure out where it's coming from but it's like you say. If I go over slight bumps or pull away it's like "eek eek eek eek". V.strange!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Is it possible the front exhaust support bracket has not been tightened or connected up when your cat by-pass was installed. ?

Fiesta ST
sounds like metal on metal doesnt it

It's weird, quite hard to describe. For me, imagine jumping up and down on a bed (with a squeeky mattres). That kinda thing. :eek:

But my exhaust does knock as well, so perhaps the two are linked?! Hmm!

Fiesta ST
Lol a mouse, sounds like a little family if you ask me. :)

So what are we thinking here for me and Steve to check out?

Black-Gold 182
you'll find it's the gear-shift mouse getting angry by all the work on your exhaust. Try placing a little bit of cheese by your gear lever and coax the little blighter back to behaving.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Had this problem on my 172 for ages it will be the exhaust mounting nearest the gearstick not tight !. It is when the exhaust bounces on this when you go along pulls on bracket and makes a squeak.Try it it cured mine it was driving me nuts too :) Hope this helps.