ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying supercharger like noise! Help

Clio 182 Black Gold
Please Help,

Over the last couple of months my car has been making a strange electrical sounding wining noise. The noise gets higher and higher pitched through accellaration and isnt affected by steering. Ive taken it to a few mechanics that i know to have a look at the alternator and all that and they all say it seems fine. The other day, whilst my car was making this noise, i decided to completely turn off my sterio and like magic the noise was gone. So as i wanted to get a new head unit anyway i went and got a brand new one just incase it was the head units fault but no, when this head unit is on im still hearing the noise! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Titanium 182
Please Help,

Over the last couple of months my car has been making a strange electrical sounding wining noise. The noise gets higher and higher pitched through accellaration and isnt affected by steering. Ive taken it to a few mechanics that i know to have a look at the alternator and all that and they all say it seems fine. The other day, whilst my car was making this noise, i decided to completely turn off my sterio and like magic the noise was gone. So as i wanted to get a new head unit anyway i went and got a brand new one just incase it was the head units fault but no, when this head unit is on im still hearing the noise! Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had it on my first car, it was "alternator induced radio whine" I fitted an aftermarket headunit and found a good solid ground in the boot and it vanished, check your earth I guess!

Edit: It was actually the sub I grounded in the boot, but it still solved the issue

Clio 182 Black Gold
Cheers mate, That does make perfect sense! Ive got a sub in the boot also, so shall i just check the earth from the amp?