ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Things about your Clio??

RS Clio 172 Ph1
I'm lucky with my 172 at the moment as it has no rattles or squeaks. The drivers window pisses me off when I put it down it gets caught on the outer rubber about 3 quarters down. The main thing that bugs me is driving it in traffic went hot as the clutch is too damn heavy.

First, I want to see if anyone has rattle at the back??? Check your rear middle seat belt!!!
Make sure the rear middle seat belt's metal clip is fully secure to the magnet!!!!

Also, some annoying things I have on my 172 MK2
1) We only have one dealer and the parts are expensive!!
2) The surface of the intake manifold is impossible to clean.
3) Wind noise
4) Other Clio 172 owner will get close to me to look in detail how come mine is "Lutecia Cup". (Clio is rare in my country)
5) Big steering wheel, I want to change it to Momo, but I want airbag.
6) The door trim rubber area (where the window switch locate) always got dusty. Its material is a bit sticky.
7) passenger seat is a bit hard to fold forward, I need to use a trick on the handle (pull back and lift up/ or adjust the back panel a little bit)
8) I love my Clio too much and I love every min I drive it, I hate to see the mileage counter keep increasing :p

Arctic Blue 182
can hear the wind thru the passanger side window going down the motorway, that pees me off.

pees me off going to the petrol station all the time to 'fill up' cos i buy sweets when i go to the petrol station.

just been done for speeding for the first time in 11yrs (since i had the clio!!) 3points!! haha!!

thats about it.. oh there is no room in the boot for a buggy and barely enough room for a baby seat (dont have kids, but mates do).

Monaco Blue 172
girl182 said:
just been done for speeding for the first time in 11yrs (since i had the clio!!) 3points!! haha!!
yeah am a bit worried about this! have had a few near misses as far as tickets are concerned (b4 clio), i'm still getting used to the speedo having only 20, 40, 60 etc on it. am finding it all too easy to sit at 40 :dapprove: have to concentrate more!

tiTTy & SV650
why does everyone want a 6th gear? so they need to reach for 3rd to get to 60?

Or as an overdrive so they can drop the revs at motorway speeds? if its the latter, go buy a passat tdi me thinks.

It's not for that...

rory182 said:
why does everyone want a 6th gear? so they need to reach for 3rd to get to 60?

Or as an overdrive so they can drop the revs at motorway speeds? if its the latter, go buy a passat tdi me thinks.

It's not for that...

It's a mode of transportation... sometimes I don't want to have high revs and/or high fuel comsumption when I'm cruising along the m/way. Or should I be thrashing it along the m/way all the time?

80MPG BEEZA
i bet if we posted to tables of all the things we love about our clios and all the things we hate the hate table would be bigger and its just due to the fact that cars arent perfect even though everyone else's seems to be, i have a mate who has the 1.2 he thrashes it about all day and its never made a hickup, i rag mine round for a few hours i end upwith a whole world of problems arghhh