ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying things with Apple products?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Please tell me if I’m wrong but with my iPhone 3GS why can’t I add words to the dictionary? The spell check is crap and obviously American English. And the way it changes "hell" to "he'll" Or "Mate" To "Nate"

So annoying that I can’t add words!

It seems so simple. It’s either there and I can’t see it or they have missed something here!

I was under the impression it 'learned' over time if you continued to reject the auto-correction suggestions. Still, I know what you're saying. It can be annoying. Always changes my mate Dave to save etc.

Last edited:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
That would be good but iv had this phone 10 months.Iv been saying "Mate" In lots of txts every single day and it still hasnt learnt it!

Bus w**ker
I've had mine a week and it's already learnt many of my commonly used words. c**t, s**t, f**k, t**t etc.

It is f**king annoying though, compared to my Blackberry it's like a Fisher Price smartphone for ages 3-12 year olds, really not seeing what the hypes about TBH.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My 3GS has learnt many words - it's a dream to text on compared to any other phone I have ever used. Only the iPad with it's larger keyboard was easier to use, imo. Using a Blackberry at work is deemed as a punishment to me. You have to have fingers the size of an ant's todger to press the keys and the Blackberry interface as a whole leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyways, back to the OP's question. I don't like the way apps fail to close properly - that really does get on my tits. Pretty much everytime I use my iPhone, I go into the Task Switcher and close the apps down afterwards. I just see zero reason for them to be 'minimised' in the background.

D.

Bus w**ker
LOL, i was amazed you bought one.

LOL I'm in shock still. The DHL driver stealing it was probably a sign.

If I buy a MBP then I'm going for therapy. One bonus for the iPhone though is that Tapatalk actually works on it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Anyways, back to the OP's question. I don't like the way apps fail to close properly - that really does get on my tits. Pretty much everytime I use my iPhone, I go into the Task Switcher and close the apps down afterwards. I just see zero reason for them to be 'minimised' in the background.

D.

Why? none* of them are running?