ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 200 Cup Vs...

The Renault Sport Clio Cup is the best at what is does in its class...ie, race round tracks! No doubt about it. For the money, it is a great value package IMO

Clio 1970000000
The Renault Sport Clio Cup is the best at what is does in its class...ie, race round tracks! No doubt about it. For the money, it is a great value package IMO

This ^^^

It is also an exciting place to be even at low speeds. A lot of hot hatches are boring unless they are being nailed all the time. Prime example being the Focus ST I drove recently. Loved the car but would never change my 197 for one even though the ST is faster and more relaxing to drive.

MCS R56
The MSN link comments are quite amusing!

No doubt, the Clio is right up there with the best hot hatches but it still loses on looks, with that front end.

Depends what you want, I guess.

Clio 1970000000
Have to say lbrench's 200 all in black looked very :cool: and I don't normally like black cars,

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I LOL at the comments on there.

Of course everything is about 0-60, £s, and top speed innit.

It's a lost cause trying to convince them otherwise, they'll never get it.

Z4
The 200 sounds like an awesome little motor, I'm going to have to blag a drive somehow, is there much difference to say a 172 cup? I would imagine the game has moved on a little, probably a slicker gearbox and more composed?

Clio 1970000000
The 200 sounds like an awesome little motor, I'm going to have to blag a drive somehow, is there much difference to say a 172 cup? I would imagine the game has moved on a little, probably a slicker gearbox and more composed?

You will get between 172 & 200 different answers on her to that question :rolleyes::rasp:

MCS R56

Night and day would be the difference between the 172 Cup and 200. The only thing that has stayed, I'd guess, is the fun factor.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Night and day would be the difference between the 172 Cup and 200. The only thing that has stayed, I'd guess, is the fun factor.

The 172 would be more 'fun', more interactive. The 200 is more composed, carries more speed through a turn.

R26
f**k me the 200 looks like a molested pig next to the GT3, what a munter it is :(

Good job it makes up for it driving wise....

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
My 200 was nice, they are nice in red aswell but looks aside they do drive amazingly well