ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another addition to my sleeper family

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

class....

thats more like a sleeper ! But id sort a grill and maybe some skinner wheels.

Is it full 172 running gear ?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by northy on 14 September 2005

class....

thats more like a sleeper ! But id sort a grill and maybe some skinner wheels.

Is it full 172 running gear ?

aye man

so is this bad boy for sale then bud, or is this the latest and greatest in a host of outlandish and crazy conversions? V12 maybe?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 14 September 2005

whats the latest with the clio TT ? has it been sold ?

no not yet - £8k and you own it. if its not sold by november its gettin a 425 bhp rebuild

172, Tiguan

You could start making these to order Matt. I assume you just use sh*t loads of rain-x on this one ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 14 September 2005

no not yet - £8k and you own it. if its not sold by november its gettin a 425 bhp rebuild

LOL, spy youll be going for the 425bhp rebuild...8k!?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

its our new mechanics - been helping him with it. Started off as a 1.2 rn. The car will be at York dragstrip on the 25th

LY 200

The thing iv never got about these cars though is who actually races them other than your average burberryboy in a 1.1 popular plus?

I know if one started reving at a set of lights next to me i would happily let it go as in therory its easy meat unless you knew what it was underneath!!!

But the point is that you can make damn good progress without attracting too much attention to yourself.

Mr Policeman isnt going to think that youre running silly power and are a boy racer, hes going to think its a family wagon and most probably leave you alone.

And the fun part is blowing away faster cars that think youre easy meat ;-) lol

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Looks nice and rough... but will go like stink.. Love these sleepers!
Mate of mine has a similar idea - has got a £50 E-reg bedford rascal fitted with a ZX9R bike motor - fantastic fun, being rear drive (and produces great flames from the race can sticking out the side!)
Will get some pics when I see him next...
Drove into the pub behind a Ferrari 360 the other week, and a crowd descended on the sooty - ferrari owner was looking a bit gutted that he wasnt centre of attention!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

sleepers rule!!

people seem to think they are their only cars! most or all cars like this are purely for fun!

iv read on scoobynet of a bloke in a type RA impreza which are one of the fastest scoobies made, asking what the fuk this orange clio was that blew them away...! top stuff! great entertainment!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 14 September 2005

The thing iv never got about these cars though is who actually races them other than your average burberryboy in a 1.1 popular plus?

I know if one started reving at a set of lights next to me i would happily let it go as in therory its easy meat unless you knew what it was underneath!!!

mate - you are seriously uneducated about the car scene

Ha ha, I can see the appeal and purpose of a sleeper, but Im too much of a car tart to own one, lol. Maybe sometime though.

IMO you really need a grill to complete the look - if I saw that out and about Id suspect something just from seeing bits of engine through the grill appeture like that.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

oh god another one ill have to watch out for!

Sleepers rule - Id love a sleeper!

Although I am a valver tart so id have to have an 800bhp valver sleeper then all the noble/lambo forums can start moaning!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 14 September 2005

mate - you are seriously uneducated about the car scene
HaHa whatever mate........I know what you or whoevers it is has it for as you told me the same when the orange one had a 172 engine in it but i still dont get what the attraction is of having one!!!

My questions simple as you like to put it "watch out willys and 172s" as i and im sure alot of others wouldnt be batted by this or your orange one as they would appear to the average person not on this forum just a small engined clio..........Who races them other than spotty little boys in batterd 1.2 novas?

Easy question really!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i think one of the main things with a car like the TT clio is on the 1/4 mile or at track when the 350bhp impreza lines up next to it laughting, thinking he is going to win, then gets toasted and it gobsmacked for the rest of the week! same on track! spanking elises, porkas, or owt! nobody other than on here knows what the fuk it is! lol! certainly wipes the grin off their faces!

i once got toasted by a 320bhp sleeper corsa in my old banana and i had mucho respect for it, was well impressed, as i expected to beat it, especially as he had 3 passengers!

its all good fun! but everyone has different tastes :)

Remapped derv Golf

Yeah I agree.

Round my way there is a purple corsa special edition thing. Looks like a 1.0 grannys shopping hatch but its running a Cav Turbo lump with over 300bhp! Ive seen it stuck to a WRXs rear bumper. Until the roundabout where the corsas mothercare designed chassis kicked in!

Still good though

172 Cup

In my eyes it is all about the enginering, and the ability to do something that has not been done before, by having something so powerful in something so inconspicuous is just a build challenge.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

All you would need is some wings then ! ... f*k Easyjet ... Fly EasyClio

Its missing a MAX POWER sticker, then you can lure in the boy racer brigade.

Nice motor though, would be fun to own and you wouldnt be bothered where you park it, what tyres is it running?

J3ned, saw the clio tt at donnington, the bulge in the bonnet for the dump valve made me laugh. The one thing i noticed was it nearly died on start up... is there a problem with it?

Oh, and if i saw that pull up to me at the lights i would be seriously suspicious LOL, the side exit exhaust!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

it was a b**ch to start - the voltage regulator was knackered so the battery wasnt chargin up - fixed it when i got home - tis ok now.