ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another blooming warning light ... Probable just a spark plug cable or plug itself ?

Got a very lumpy start occurring - particularly when very cold, which after 20 seconds or so, is accompanied by a flashing engine management warning light.

Once revs have been up for a while and car driven, the warning light stops flashing. If engine then idled (e.g. at queued traffic) for more than a minute or so, the light starts flashing again. Car is hesitant to accelerate whenever the light is flashing - not that surprising that I can notice a 25% drop in power though ;O)

Pulled just a single code using my low end OBD scanner. It was P0303.

As coil packs are wired in pairs, I'm assuming I would get a misfire for cylinder 1 AND 3 together, if it was that.

Definite stink of unburnt petrol during the lumpy start.

I'm thinking either loose connection to the plug for cylinder 3 or wire to the plug has gone defective.

Plugs must be nudging 3.5 years now - so I guess that's "expected" lifetime - worth changing the lot (best price I've got so far is £50 for the 4) and seeing what happens ?

If neither the plugs or wires being replaced sorts it, just injector left I assume ? Should they be replaced as a set, like the spark plugs, or is it fine to replace those individually ?

Had the TDC sensor replaced about 3 months or so ago, though I am relatively sure that isn't cause.

I'm assuming the lambda sensor packing up again wouldn't generate a P0303 but something from the P01xx or P02xx ranges ?