ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another blown exhaust...

Hi,

The exhaust blew on our 172 yesterday after 12 months and 6000 miles. I guess this is not so unusual, e.g. like the Evo long-termer?

Anyway, the dealer has ordered backbox and sleeve under warranty.

But, the missus has been yearning for an after-market system for a while, so this might be the excuse. What are the current favourites? And, am I right in thinking that an aftermarket exhaust invalidates the warranty (UK car)?

Cheers,

Gareth

Ive just had a Powerflow backbox fitted. (not system, just backbox) and I am VERY happy with it.. Sounds Cool, Looks cool and seems to be a very good job. Lifetime warrenty is a major plus too.

Ill try and get some pics up very soon.

Daz.

GR7

Shiny red R32

If you look at the the Discussion Forum you will see that the K-Tec one sounds loud

Lionel Richie

It will only invalidate the exhaust part of your warranty, mine rattles at the moment and i asked renault to sort it but they didnt, t***s!!!! Looks like im going to have to get my hands dirty!!