ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another chirping Clio! (Video included)

Clio MK3
For the last few weeks my Clio MK3 1.4 16v has developed a 'chirping' sound coming from the engine area. When the car is first started after a day of not being used it chirps pretty loudly, but when the car has had a run it will often get quieter. Some times I will have next to nothing chriping, it seems to go from one extreme to another, but in different weather conditions each time, and the noise does not get any louder when driving. When the clutched is pushed down the noise does not go away. I have left it in the garage for a few nights to see if the problem was the belts getting wet from the rain or something (stupid I know), but when I come to start it up it will still chirp like a trooper. Any help would be much appreciated, the car has near 79K on the clock and the cambelt has been recently changed before I purchased it in early December. The noise is starting to annoy me now so im looking for some help on here.

Here is a link to the video posted on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLMWpwFy3s (this link is on Youtube so is safe)

You can hear the sound slightly as my camera was not great at picking up the high pitched noise. Please no bird nests images in an engine please! ;)

Thanks,

Connor