ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio 172 Cup Owner

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all...

I have been on here a while but hardly used due to previously owning a Megane 225 and then moving out of the Renaultsport scene...

So i found myself back to the Renaultsports and now have a Clio 172 Cup... It took me by surprise on how well it performs... got a good deal on the car in my eyes, due to it having a gearbox rebuild, new OEM shocks all round, cooksport lowering spring and dephaser etc has been done, all in the previous 6 months...

Solid car and yet to give it a proper detail due to the weather :p, looking forward to coming to a few meets in the near future and possibly getting myself on track, who knows.

I will post up more pics but here she is,

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 133

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Bought the best model there mate, what made you get shut of the meg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Cup
Bought the best model there mate, what made you get shut of the meg?

I had it around 2 years ago, it wasn't standard by any means but had issues with turbo etc, then i went on to bigger and better things, when i probably shouldn't of (e46 m3) ran into a few issues with that in my whole 3 months of owning it and ridiculous fuel costs as a daily so i got rid of that due to having a little one... cut a long story short, needed another car desperately for weekend use (track use) and this one was cheap compared to the rest on the market!!

Attachments

• IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2694.PNG
    IMG_2694.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 109

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cups are cool.

You also have a genuine cup splitter which is rare these days as most have the fabia splitter on them. Renault used to sell them fairly cheap (expensive for what they are) but last time I checked they was over £250!!

Where are you based?

Clio 172 Cup
Cups are cool.

You also have a genuine cup splitter which is rare these days as most have the fabia splitter on them. Renault used to sell them fairly cheap (expensive for what they are) but last time I checked they was over £250!!

Where are you based?

What come again!!! haha! £250?! The car is 100% standard apart from the cooksports and back box!

Im from Worcester mate! (not sure if previous owner is a member on here..)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I had it around 2 years ago, it wasn't standard by any means but had issues with turbo etc, then i went on to bigger and better things, when i probably shouldn't of (e46 m3) ran into a few issues with that in my whole 3 months of owning it and ridiculous fuel costs as a daily so i got rid of that due to having a little one... cut a long story short, needed another car desperately for weekend use (track use) and this one was cheap compared to the rest on the market!!

Bit worrying haha that's the same steps I was planning

Gone from a 172 cup
To a meg r26 230

And next step was an e46 m3 lol think I'll have a rethink having drove one a while back though they're an epic car I've just never had the funds

Clio 172 Cup
Right. After owning this car for a few months. I've decided I'm going to spend some money on it. I want to get myself a set of recaro trendlines... so will be on the hunt for those.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for good mods on these cars?

Tom

172 Cup
Right. After owning this car for a few months. I've decided I'm going to spend some money on it. I want to get myself a set of recaro trendlines... so will be on the hunt for those.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for good mods on these cars?

Tom

Whatever you do in terms of modifications, make sure it's returnable to OEM spec, as 172 Cups in original or near original spec are becoming as rare as hen's teeth!

Mods wise, I've only Powerflex'ed the anti-roll bar bushes and lower engine-gearbox 'dogbone' mount. Otherwise, stock powertrain, suspension and brakes are more than adequate for enjoyable, spirited road driving IMO.