ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio...

182, 205 1.9 GTI
I've been around various forums over the years and owned quite a few different cars. Ranging from a diesel MK3 Golf to a couple R26 Meganes. Recently I've struggled to find a car in my price range that ticks all the right boxes. Quite nippy but also cheapish to insure and maintain. I owned my first 182 about 3 years ago. Really liked the car, was mint and drove really well. But when a mate who owned a very clean R26 F1 Megane said he was thinking of selling it I couldn't help but go for it. I owned that car for around 8/9 months and took it over to Germany and gave it a blast around the Nurburgring (we seem to go every year now) When I got back the car needed a service, MOT, tax, tyres etc etc so the cheapest thing to do was sell it and get back pretty much what I paid for it. I decided to buy a cheap 172 which I managed to find for £500. As you can imagine at that price it needed a little bit of work. But when I started to fix things on it other bits started to go wrong which in the end got the better of me so I sold that after owning for about 2/3 months. I then decided to buy another Megane R26 F1 which I took ownership of towards the end of last year. I ended up selling it last week as it just didn't live up to my previous one as this one was totally standard. I thought long and hard on what to get next, ended scrolling through the internet looking at cars just for the sake of it but found myself looking at Renault Sports again. After chatting to a mate about having to save money to eventually move out etc I opted for another 182. Cheap to insure, run, maintain and still puts a smile on your face. I found one on the internet the night I sold my Megane and collected it on Saturday. The car has a Milltek cat back system, lowered on Apex springs, both cup packs and the Recaro Treadline Seats as standard. Me and a few mates have booked to go back to the Nurburgring at the beginning of May so thats my time slot to get the car ready.

I set about last week ordering some new bits including
Whiteline ARB
Solid engine mounts
Milltek Decat + fitting kit
Strut brace
Solid top mounts

The solid top mounts turned up today and the rest should be here by Friday so i'm sure i'll be busy the weekend.

If anyone has got any R888 tyres on 15inch wheels give me a shout

I hope to get some pictures up early next week of the progress from the weekend