ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another D40 Question!!!

I am getting an SLR for Christmas and the D40 is right bang on the money for the price range. I dont think there is any other choice for sub £300!!

Couple of questions....

I cant afford any extra lenses for some time, is the supplied kit pretty good?
Can it use SDHC cards
And what case do you use? would just one a small case to fit camera and standard lens.

Cheers!

the 18-55mm kit is good enough for beginners (like me) its not got a huge zoom on it, but once you have learned more about the camera etc, you can get another lense.. :D

i have a lowepro case off amazon, fits the camera, 2 lenses, couple of filters ande memory cards

^^ cheers people, went and had a fiddle at Jessops and felt great. Going to reserve and collect online for a further 5% off there asking price of £299.99. Which makes it £275 - bargain SLR imo!!

Revels Mum & Sister
If you add the Nikon D40 to the basket, then click the 5% Hotukdeals thing, add the voucher code the code works but does not discount the D40 from 299.99

Not surprised cant see them knocking that much of it. Unless I did something wrong

Revels Mum & Sister
The screen is pretty good if you are carefull with it. Depends how heavy handed you are with it.

The D80 I picked up had one fitted nit sure if it includes this as default and I havent taken it off. Worth a couple of quid I reckon

I got a screen protector for my D50 off ebay, also acts as a good sunshield so you can see pics on screen in direct sunlight