ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another dead clicking clio 172

172 2002
So just got a tidy and original 2002 clio sport that’s been sat a while.it did run now just clicks inside the car from the black ccm near the glove box when you turn to start but has dash lights and immo light goes off fine.earths look sus and I’m going to start stripping and cleaning the earths.

also the Head lights are on and one is constantly trying to adjustso battery goes flat.

tried to give it a tow start but nothing as was hoping to get it up on ramps to check the started but engine seems to be powerless too.

Any info or tips will only help my fault finding joys

cheers guys

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Check the fuse box in RHS engine compartment. Remove relays and clean up connections,

Mine was sat for a while and the relay connections in that fuse box became a bit furred up, main issue being the fuel pump relay was one of them and my car wouldn’t start. Cleaned them all up and fuel pump fired up and she’s been fine ever since.

172 2002
Cheers Bud I had a bit of a look at it today and thing I need to get lights and front end off to some extent to get in as all earths look rusty as an old bike so going to go through the lot I recon.

il update with any finding for future reference

172 2002
Well checked over all earths and relays and fuses and cleaned them all up and no change.the headlights are constantly on and there’s definitely signs of damp in the car and one of the chips on the bcm board gets hot quick so I’m going to order a Ecu bcm and chip off eBay and try a differnt set.the dash I lights flicker all the time regardless of keys unless I pull on high beam so il update after I’ve got a Ecu set

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
I picked a 172 a while ago that had been sat in a wet pile of hay for 2 years and had the moldiest interior going so also had a bit of damp. Couldn't start it, also had the clicking sound from the bcm area everyone I tried to start it. Have all the restore under the glovebox a good clean on the connectors and a good tap on a hard surface that sort of calmed it. After fault finding a bit narrowed it down to fueling issue as it started on easy start sprayed into the throttle body, took the pipe off the fuel rail to find fuel coming out as it should. Purchased 4 new injectors and it kicked right in.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Mine did the clicking from the UCH area and not turning over when I first bought it, turned out to be the spade connector to the starter solenoid was all corroded up.

Course if yours won't bump start there's obviously something else going on, perhaps in addition to?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

172 2002
Unfortunately I’ve fell fowl to a crap eBay seller and I’ve just bought another ecu set so I hope soon to try this out and I hope for some life.ucm connections all look good but there’s a chip or component on the board that heats up quick so I’m guessing there’s something wrong there too.

Il update when I’ve got some parts to try