ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another example of Renaults brilliant electrics.

Every time I press the switch to move my drivers side window up the right indicator flashes. Not really a major issue but it's f**king annoying.

Anyone else had this problem? Don't recall anyone else complaining about it.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
lol. thats a new one!.

I suppose the uch could have a problem as i believe nearly all the electrics are controlled by it.

This has developed from more than just an annoyance now, when I indicate right the indicator doesn't cancel and keeps flashing for about 10-15 seconds after the stalk clicks back to the middle. Doesn't do it everytime and only does it when I've left the indicator on longer than 10 seconds.

Could this be down to a faulty stalk or could a faulty fuse be the culprit?

Clio 182 Cup
sounds a bit like mine when my widow gets to the top my indicators flash 3 times i dont know why though :)

172 rep
Lol, my sisters indicators used to do this, as well as only flashing on the left, no matter which way she was indicating!! F***ing annoying on a roundabout! Renault said it was summit to do with the UCH, maybe some water had got in it?!

Lol, my sisters indicators used to do this, as well as only flashing on the left, no matter which way she was indicating!! F***ing annoying on a roundabout! Renault said it was summit to do with the UCH, maybe some water had got in it?!

I can imagine lol. Mine doesn't do that though, if I move the stalk down it'll indicate to the left, but when I click it back to the middle it starts indicating to the right again.

f**k knows what the guy behind me thought when I was messing about with it when the problem 1st developed on my way home from work. Lol

PH1 172 Sport
I would check the conections first. I had a problem a few months ago that when I braked my side lights would turn on and it was a loose cable.

Homo spec mazda
Every so often when i go to open my drivers side window it rolls down bounces up and stops. :D

Mercedes C320!
for one on my 1.2 16v was about 300 quid all in all. however i dont no if it would be much different for the 172! ring them up and get a price!

Lionel Richie
if you know a good auto electrician it is possible to use a 2nd hand UCH and swap the "coded" chip over from your broken board onto the 2nd hand board

failing that its £140 IIRC for a UCH plus dealer bum rapeage

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
if you know a good auto electrician it is possible to use a 2nd hand UCH and swap the "coded" chip over from your broken board onto the 2nd hand board

Thats cheap for a UCH!

My paperwork for my UCH was £285+ vat for UCH the rest was labour.
Came in at around £900+

All covered under warrenty tho luckily.

My ONLY issue with the car was full beam stuck on. Shows how many ways the UCH gives up. Others have had far worse experiences.

Thats cheap for a UCH!

My paperwork for my UCH was £285+ vat for UCH the rest was labour.
Came in at around £900+

All covered under warrenty tho luckily.

My ONLY issue with the car was full beam stuck on. Shows how many ways the UCH gives up. Others have had far worse experiences.

Doesn't surprise me when Renault are involved, although I'd take the right indicator bulbs out and wave my arm about every time I turned right before I paid that.

Bum rapeage indeed, I haven't had any work done at Renault ever since they tried to charge me £110 for front brake pads and charge me for damaged engine mounts on a car that'd I'd had a month (they'd put a 12 month M.O.T on it previous to me buying it) :rolleyes:

Clio 172
definately a uch, will cost around the £300-£400 mark. Think the UCH is around the 170 mark in parts, but it has to be coded and keys have to be re-programmed