ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another gearbox dieing thread

Arctic Blue 182
Been doing a lot of reading and know I need to send the gearbox to Agency for a refurb. Normal story a guess - Whine in 5th gear for about 5 to 10k miles and now it makes a very nasty sound when putting it in 5th.

Going to be doing some reading on the nut you can tighten just in case it is that simple but knowing my car this year it wont be!

Anyway question is;

As every other gear is completely fine what are peoples opinions on just driving this using 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th, not best for MPG but what are the chances of something catastrophic happening? Only ask as I'm just about to buy a house so a touch skint at the moment!

Cheers

54plate 182 btw

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
im sure you can find a used gearbox for say £100 and if you can fit it yourself then its a cheap thing to do? Then send your one off for a refurb when you can afford it