ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another idle problem - Car wont idle

Si

RS Clio 172
This has literally just started happening and I'm fed up of trawling through threads about lumpy idles and ICV issues on ph1's when i search so thought i'd just start a new thread.

Any ideas as to the cause? Like to have an idea before i head to the diagnostic.

Car's been running fine recently as it has since i've owned it. this has only started happening on the very last stretch of my drive home from work today, it just will not idle at all yet it seems to run fine if driving.

Cheers!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
First thing i would do is clean out the throttle body. To do this take off the airbox/then the elbow. There are 4 bolts holding the TB to the plenup. undo them and take it off. At a guess yours should be covered in black s**t. Get some WD40 and a microfiber and clean it out then bolt back together. Takes about 15 mins!

182, SQ7, Trafic
Cleaned mine a little while back :( I'll take it all apart at weekend and clean it out, may even get the dremel out :)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
another thing it could be is the coil pack - used to happen on my ph1, due to the coil pack being situated right above the exhaust manifold. especially when it was hot and if i was stuck in traffic

something to keep in mind if nothing else works

Si

RS Clio 172
cheers guys.

boosh - good shout. will whip it off at the weekend.

Stoddie - saw when searching people mentioning the heat being a factor. It was hot today and i did get stuck in traffic coming back from work. hopefully that's it!

182, SQ7, Trafic
mine only does it when cold but have been advised to move and replace the coilpack as it get ridiculously hot!