ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Immobiliser problem

Before i changed my gearbox the immobiliser light would sometimes flash fast but not often, i've now changed me gearbox went to start it and the light will either flash fast or stay solid every time now. I've pulled out all the fuses and put them back in, i've checked the white and purple twisted cable and that all seems fine. I had a new battery back in november put my multi meter on it 12v so everything is ok with that, i've only got one key so can't try another. Not sure what to try next?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the earth to the back of the gearbox and the main earth strap between the gearbox and chassis rail is all I have. Other than that, I need to see it i'm afraid.

Mick

Ok cheers mick, they're both on I'll upload a picture where they are. When I was doing a search you said to do a continuity test on the purple and white twisted cable. My multi metre didn't change it said saying 1.

Not sure if I done that right but I put one on the purple in the white connect then the same for the other white connector

8epububy.jpg

vabu6a7e.jpg

e3uderyr.jpg

6erysety.jpg

The light no longer flashes now just stays solid

i've just realised looking at my photo, i've got the earth strap wrong, it's needs to go on the gearbox right?

Immobiliser stays solid sometimes now, wiggled a few wires and it'll go off.

One of the wires that I wiggled was the one that goes to the coil pack so I took it off and this is what it looks like.

gudygute.jpg

6y6ude8e.jpg

Is that right?