ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another laptop problem.... can you help?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Right this problem is occuring on my HP G7000.

Basically when i type in a word document/msn messenger etc... the cursor moves by itself to another place on the page, causing me to mistype words. Its very frustrating.

For example, if i want to type

"The dog went up the tree!"

It would come out as

"Thwent up the tree!e dog"

Its rather frustrating. I know that if u accidently touch the touchpad it will jump to whereever the cursor is, but my hand is no where near the touch pad.

Anyone can suggest why this is?

Thanks

1 Series Coupe
Touchpad's can be very sensitive even if you touch the chassis of the laptop or even typing in your case. HP may have created a new driver to stop this. Check the HP website.

Renault Clio 16v
my acer 3000 series laptop does it, i bought another laptop cos its bloody annoying.

thought i was the only one lol glad im not :D

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Well hopefully downloading the new keyboard drivers on the HP website will solve this, as i don't hope to resolve in buying a new laptop!

Scirocco GT 2.0
just an idea.. is your 'Enhanced pointer precision' on? if it is, try turning it off and see if thats helps. Maybe your cursor is crawling towards something which it thinks is important, like the send button on a windows live messenger chat screen for e.g.