ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another MPG thread

Audi S1
Ok i know every1 is thing ANOTHER one but this is gettin to me so i think ill ask...

My mpg is 23-24 i no the weather is bad but i checked my tyre pressure which needed doing... drove it for a week they way i always drive (fast) :rasp:... but i found my self doing ALOT of petol, as expected...

I fought ild do a test and drive like an old man and try get my mpg up... driving in 4th-5th in 30 zones!... not so much 5th. my mpg (once reset0 came out as 24-25 lol... im using v-power aswell..

Can any one tell me why or could there be something needs replacing/checking?:rolleyes:

Cheers and sorry for thread lol

Audi S1
i drive around 25 miles a day, 10 miles to work and back then to the gym and stuff. but i generaly moving not stop startin and usually going about 20-30mph but 23mpg lol... i might aswell thrash it tbh

Audi S1
I have half a tank left and ive done 90 miles... im probably gettin 180 if im lucky and do a long drive 200 is tht good

Octavia vRS tfsi
Just over half I think. Have a knackered wheel bearing so was sticking to the posted limits.

53 Clio's & counting
i drive around 25 miles a day, 10 miles to work and back then to the gym and stuff. but i generaly moving not stop startin and usually going about 20-30mph but 23mpg lol... i might aswell thrash it tbh

if your having constant throttle movement slowing and accerating from 20-30mph then it wont be good mate, if you were in 4th at a constand 30mph (say about 1500rpm) and feathered the throttle you would get very good mpg, but it sounds to me like you do driving that means your on and off throttle alot, and that will use alot of fuel

Audi S1
:(... my bro in law gets 37-40 he does motorway miles up and down the a2... when i go down his house and back i seem to do quater of a tank ...50 miles ITS NOT FAIR

b/g 182, meg tourer
23/24mpg is sh!t.

lambada sensors ok?
tyre pressures?
you carrying scrap lead in your car?
oil clean and regularly changed, not over filled?

b/g 182, meg tourer
i drove from devon to peterborough last night. 250miles (ish), 4 hours, 76mph most of the way, hit some traffic too and put my foot down for a bit of fun on open roads.
average over the 4 hours was 38.7mpg!
and thats me and my girlfriend in the car with a boot full of clothes and stuff!

Countryman JCW
I do alot of driving on the motorway in my ph1 172, and ive managed to get 50mpg out of it when driving between like 50-60 behind lorries on a 150mile run (i know thats sad but im a poor student lol)

Then if i step it up to say 70 on that same trip il do bout 42mpg, then if i go to 80 or so... im looking at about 39mpg

Then if im just driving about around uni (town driving) il get between 34-36 mpg, and im not a very careful driver at all.... its a seriously economical car! at the moment £10 gets me 100 miles, £20 gets me 200 miles and so on... its totaly standard, nothing stripped out. Compared to my old Fiesta RS Turbo chav wagon i was getting about 25-30mpg, and the clio defo quicker! cant beat em

PH1 172 Sport
Stop start driving in traffic over 40miles the other day I averaged 34mpg. I think its probably your lambada sensor.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
was having a similar problem - normally get 30mpg - was getting 25mpg. Try letting the tank go dry then fill her up as much as you can then go for a longish drive and should see the mpg rise. Found it was the short journey to work in the morning that was stitching me.

197 FF
i reckon you should count your self lucky :) borrow a 197 drive that around for a week then get back in your 1*2 you will soon appreciate it lol

Audi S1
my average is now 23.3mpg... i have done half a tank on 70miles!!!!

so juding by that thats 140miles per tank! This CANT be right reguardless of where im driving surely??

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
my average is now 23.3mpg... i have done half a tank on 70miles!!!!

so juding by that thats 140miles per tank! This CANT be write reguardless of where im driving surely??

I get about 25 when Im driving round oxford. Traffic is a killer, but look at the thread above if you think it's not performing like it should.

Focus ST
Stick £30 in last night... did a 50 mile run, Got home and computer showed 41.? mpg

After driving round the town a little it's sitting at 39mpg

The run to the rolling road - Including the road thrashing and drive back home i think i averaged 36+

172 Cup Economy is awesome

Audi S1
I get about 25 when Im driving round oxford. Traffic is a killer, but look at the thread above if you think it's not performing like it should.

Mmmm i just txted my mechainc... his a m8... so ill see what he can do also my service and airbag light keeps coming on... stupid french crap :dapprove:

clio 172
went to scarborough at the weekend in my 172 and returned 46.6MPG average at 80mph on the a roads. laguna diesel gearbox FTW!

172 ph1
my 172 seems to be at around 34-37 mpg in the entire region of 70km/h to 120km/h

combined seems to be around 33 mpg

I need to look into what speed I need to drive at for highest mpg but I don't recall ever seeing more than 40 mpg while holding constant speed :(

Last edited:
  Octavia vRS tfsi
Mine will creep up at a reasonably steady rate at a constant 100kmph. Barely creeps up at all at 120kmph - holds steady and just creeps up marginally.