ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another new member from Somerset!

Hi

I've been meaning to join for a few months. I bought a Clio cup 172 earlier this year, it had a Cliosport sticker in the back window so I figured this would be a good place to come for info.

The car is my daily driver but might get used for the odd trackday, I work in motorsport so no doubt I'll end up doing a few little mods but I won't be chasing anymore power as I've got a 400+ bhp Sunny Gti-R sprint/Hill climb car sat in the garage.

No pics of the Clio yet but this is my other money pit.
MOmhDsr.jpg

Thanks for the welcome.

I've just paid to join so I can keep an eye on the classifieds, the first thing I want to do is get some Turini's as the car came with normal 172 alloys on it.

Also where is the cheapest place for genuine Renault parts? I need to get the car on the ramp and have a look around but I'm pretty sure the rear dampers are knackered as the back end of the car feels terrible on bumpy roads and I heard they have a reputation for not lasting very long?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the welcome.

I've just paid to join so I can keep an eye on the classifieds, the first thing I want to do is get some Turini's as the car came with normal 172 alloys on it.

Also where is the cheapest place for genuine Renault parts? I need to get the car on the ramp and have a look around but I'm pretty sure the rear dampers are knackered as the back end of the car feels terrible on bumpy roads and I heard they have a reputation for not lasting very long?

@George@RTR_Parts or Renparts

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Wil
Thanks for the welcome.

Will the alloys become available for sale once you have some?, good condition

Will the alloys become available for sale once you have some?, good condition

Possibly, I've got a set of Compomotives that was planning on using as track wheels but I just need to check the centre bore on them. I've just posted a wanted ad for some Turini's anyway, the 172 alloys are in pretty good condition apart from one wheel has a couple scuffs on the raised bit on the spokes.

I'll send you a message so I don't turn this welcome topic into a buying and selling one!