ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner

Justin85

ClioSport Club Member
  Too many....
Hello everyone,

I've just bought a 2004 182 for a bit of trackday fun. I've had quite a few different cars over the years, and have amassed a good few at the moment, but I've never had a Renualt before. Expect a few daft questions from me in the coming weeks!

I've got an eclectic mix of 1970's Citroens (DS and Dyane), a Mini 1275, various Volvos, a Porsche 911 and a 205 GTI. I've had a 205 constantly since I passed my test 20 years ago, so it makes an interesting comparison with the 182.

Having had to relinquish my driving licence due to a medical condition for the past two years I'm itching to get back on track. I can't renew or get a racing licence for 8 more years unfortunately, so the odd trackday seems to be the way to go, and the Clio seems a very popular choice - I can't wait!

Cheers,
Justin.

c970df82-88a8-40b3-b0c3-52dd758a234d.jpg

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Hello everyone,

I've just bought a 2004 182 for a bit of trackday fun. I've had quite a few different cars over the years, and have amassed a good few at the moment, but I've never had a Renualt before. Expect a few daft questions from me in the coming weeks!

I've got an eclectic mix of 1970's Citroens (DS and Dyane), a Mini 1275, various Volvos, a Porsche 911 and a 205 GTI. I've had a 205 constantly since I passed my test 20 years ago, so it makes an interesting comparison with the 182.

Having had to relinquish my driving licence due to a medical condition for the past two years I'm itching to get back on track. I can't renew or get a racing licence for 8 more years unfortunately, so the odd trackday seems to be the way to go, and the Clio seems a very popular choice - I can't wait!

Cheers,
Justin.

View attachment 1596254
Welcome Justin,

What a fantastic collection! These tow loom great together, absolutely love a 205 GTi (had several in my youth!) I'm sure you'll enjoy the 182!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone,

Cheers,
Justin.

View attachment 1596254
Welcome!

How do you find the Clio vs 205 comparison? I've heard a lot of people say the Clio is quite a natural successor to the gti. Also, in my head the Clio is a smaller car than the 205, clearly my memory of them is waay off!

Justin85

ClioSport Club Member
  Too many....
Welcome!

How do you find the Clio vs 205 comparison? I've heard a lot of people say the Clio is quite a natural successor to the gti. Also, in my head the Clio is a smaller car than the 205, clearly my memory of them is waay off!
I was suprised to see how small the 205 looks too. They are lined up pretty much too, so it's not just an optical illusion! As for the driving, it's an interesting comparison. I've been driving 205's and this one in particular for 20 years, so it's like a pair of comfortable shoes.

The 205 has a 1.9 Mi16 fitted with a close ratio box, but there's very little in it in outright speed between the two. The Clio feels like it has waaaay more torque than the 205, so just seems to fly from low revs where as the 205 is flat as anything below 5k and then takes off.

This Clio has a JMRS induction kit and Scorpion exhaust so sounds a good bit fruiter than the 205. And the Clio's brakes are loads better than the ones on the Pug.

The Clio is on standard (leaky) dampers and Eibachs, and the Pug on Bilstein B6's and Eibachs, but both of them are very willing to turn in, and you can balance either on the throttle all day long. Pug more fidgety in a straight line though.

Both are loads of fun, not silly fast and they let you play around which, for me at least, is what a hot hatch should be.

Thanks for the welcome all!