ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Newbie

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Hi,
I'm Luca from Cardiff in Wales.

I've owned my Clio (Extreme 1.2) for a couple of years now, starting to get bored of the standard look so I am looking to modify it a bit. Had a quick lurk round this forum and it seems like the ideal place to be!

I do have one problem though, I am a complete newbie when it comes to modding cars, and pretty much don't have a clue what is going on. So I am going to start off with a couple question, I am looking to lower my car, hopefully by about 50mm, with 16" alloys would there be any rubbing? Also when it comes to lowering cars I was looking at lowering springs and came across these http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=107091 but apart from the lowering springs what else do I need/should I consider?

clio 182
Well if your a newbie to modding cars mate i will just point out unless you already know, clear or "lexus" rear lights, silver wipers, random stickers, neon washer jets and other ebay tat does not = modding a car, just makes it look thomas the tank.

I know nothing about lowering a car so cant help you out there, im sure someone else will come along and help though.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Well if your a newbie to modding cars mate i will just point out unless you already know, clear or "lexus" rear lights, silver wipers, random stickers, neon washer jets and other ebay tat does not = modding a car, just makes it look thomas the tank.

I know nothing about lowering a car so cant help you out there, im sure someone else will come along and help though.

Haha, yeah don't worry I would never stick all that junk on my car.

Welcome to CS.

As for springs, I really liked the Sportlines, although the ones you have listed there are for the Mk1 clio.