ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Newbie

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
Hi all

Just joined the forum to see if I can learn a bit more about my forthcoming purchase of a 182. I need a car to do some running around in and get me back into trackdays, having spent lots of years with track bikes and after some monumental crashes with the bikes, had a complete basket case of a R500 Caterham to empty my wallet!! I then bought a 997 GT3, which is a truly remarkable piece of kit, but it is totally unaffordable (at least it is for me) as a track car, with a set of rear tyres costing upwards of £900 and lasting about 4 sessions, so since I need a proper reality check, I am going back to the real world with a Clio. The Porsche is going soon, along with half my life as my wife skins me in a divorce, so I am looking forward to normality and a progressive improvement of a road and track 182, so any tips on what to start with in terms of brakes, handling and power - probably in that order, would be much appreciated.