ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Newbie

Mini Cooper S
Hey guys, hoping to get my hands on a Clio by July. My insurance is due for renewal then and my current company Aviva won't insure me on a 172 or 182 so will have to wait.
Are they really as good to drive as some posts and reviews would suggest. I come from a background of Minis I've had 2 Cooper Ss and they were great!

172 Cup
How can you be insured on a Cooper S and not a 1*2??

Well.. nevermind. Welcome and uh, I've never driven a Cooper S but I reckon the Clio is probably a more direct feel, close on straight line performance and lighter.

Mini Cooper S
How can you be insured on a Cooper S and not a 1*2??

Well.. nevermind. Welcome and uh, I've never driven a Cooper S but I reckon the Clio is probably a more direct feel, close on straight line performance and lighter.

Haven't got my Cooper S anymore sold it last year to get a mile muncher as I was doing 30k+ a year. Now I work 4 miles away.
I have a Skoda Superb Elegance 1.9tdi 130 (remapped to 180 atm).
Mini was an epic car to drive, went to the Nurburgring in it. However the Clio seems to get an awful lot of positive reviews. And even my uncle who has a 911 says how good they are to drive.