ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Nilfisk Question

ITB BG 182
[h=1]Nilfisk C125.3-8 PAD 1800W All Rounder Pressure Washer[/h]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7420195.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Im thinking about buying the above pressure washer, i know alot of people rave about them with regards the metal motor in them.

Also, is £129 good for them, I would need the drain cleaner thing as well my drains need cleaning but also I will be after the snow foam treatment on the car again soon.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
id go for a 140bar as opposed to a 120bar. also you need to check the 'rated bar' pressure, not the 'max bar' as theat figure is rubbish in reality. i.e, on the one you posted:

125 bar maximum pressure.
105 bar rated pressure.

Generally you need something in excess of 2000w to get good bar pressures

ITB BG 182
JD - I would like to get the drain cleaner pipe thing with it as my drains at home keep blocking and £50 a time for some one to unblock them is getting silly now.

So this one is ideal at the mo.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003M8H6U4/?tag=cliospnet01-21

The Fatty - Can one as you describe be had for the £120 to £130 mark that can still do snow foam for my car but also be used for other jobs like drain cleaning and clearing the decking\patio area?

id go for a 140bar as opposed to a 120bar. also you need to check the 'rated bar' pressure, not the 'max bar' as theat figure is rubbish in reality. i.e, on the one you posted:

125 bar maximum pressure.
105 bar rated pressure.

Generally you need something in excess of 2000w to get good bar pressures

If you're talking about using the pressure washer for other uses (drains, gutters, patios) I have no opinions.

If you're talking about pressures for the car, the C120 is plenty powerful enough.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You need higher pressure for a good drain cleaner. the msller ones will clean drains but wont be good at removing a blockage. Mine came with a drain cleaner included (its a hose with a specail end the hase 1 forward jet + 3 back facing jets). No they can't be had for around £130 mark, more like the £200 mark. But as with anything, you get what you pay for. The £130 ones are good for washing cars, basic drain maintanace etc, tbe £200 ones are good for drain blackages, cleaning moss of concreate etc.

ITB BG 182
The fatty, its not for cleaning high compact soils in a drain, its basically from shower suds and basic dirt locking up in the airlock (U-bend) and causing the drain away to clog and then take ages to drain off.

Cheers JD, again, I think I will put my order in tomorrow morning :D just need snowfoam with a sprayer to fit it now :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The fatty, its not for cleaning high compact soils in a drain, its basically from shower suds and basic dirt locking up in the airlock (U-bend) and causing the drain away to clog and then take ages to drain off.

Cheers JD, again, I think I will put my order in tomorrow morning :D just need snowfoam with a sprayer to fit it now :)

ah right, sorry I thought you needed to clear solid blackages. For soap suds etc the 120bar will be fine :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
John, I've just bought that one for £129.99 @ Argos...looks okay for the money. :)

Haven't used it yet though...but should be more than good enough as I only had a Halfords one before it...

ITB BG 182
Thankfully mine was delivered on Saturday and used yesterday, the patio cleaner is very good! Oh £98.99 from Amazon.

Im just waiting on the autobrite HD lance with magifoam stuff to be delivered then I just got to wait for the car to get really dirty!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thankfully mine was delivered on Saturday and used yesterday, the patio cleaner is very good! Oh £98.99 from Amazon.

Im just waiting on the autobrite HD lance with magifoam stuff to be delivered then I just got to wait for the car to get really dirty!

that shouldnt take long lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My Nilfisk has gone back today...hose pipe from washer to lance had external split...so took it back. :(

ITB BG 182
How do people store their jet washer over the winter month? as it has water inside and could cause alot of damage?