ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another problem to add to the list!

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Car: 2006 Clio 1.4 MK3

Car has had a slight misfire for a long while now but have not really looked into it, symptoms have been a slightly jumpy idle, louder than usual engine, and random misfire fault code that keeps popping up.

Have changed all sparks and all ignition coils and also cleaned the throttle body but the problem still exists.

Today i was looking under the bonnet and noticed some wet patches and mini puddles near and around the injectors which are at the front of the engine just under the inlet manifold which im guessing may be the cause of the slight misfire!

I have a replacement set of injectors, fuel rail and wiring loom that im looking to replace the existing ones with.

From what i can see the inlet manifold will need to come off in order to access the injector fuel rail.

How easy is it to remove the inlet manifold on this engine? anyone able to give me some rough steps to remove it to access the fuel rail?

I would just go straight at it but want to make sure that im going to do it properly!

All help appreciated!

2007 clio dynamique
The inlet manifold is pretty easy to remove, took me around 30 minutes to get mine off, I would check the puddle you can see is not water though, I had a similar issue with mine and water was getting down into 1 of the plug holes which was causing a misfire, take the coils out and the plugs and check for slight corrosion /brown water marks, in my case it was always the plug nearest the drivers side causing the issue

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I had a misfire on a 1.2 16v that turned out to be a dodgy injector. Displaying the symptoms you described. As for removal, I can't comment since I haven't done it on a 1.4.

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
The inlet manifold is pretty easy to remove, took me around 30 minutes to get mine off, I would check the puddle you can see is not water though, I had a similar issue with mine and water was getting down into 1 of the plug holes which was causing a misfire, take the coils out and the plugs and check for slight corrosion /brown water marks, in my case it was always the plug nearest the drivers side causing the issue

How many bolts are there to remove for the inlet manifold? what steps do i need to take?

Also what you have said is spot on, when i changed the sparks last week the spark plug hole closest to the drivers side had bad corrosion on the plug itself and brown dust in the hole, on the plug and also on the tip of the ignition coil. I cleaned it out and replaced the plug but how do i ensure that water does not get down there again? Could it be the rubber seal on the ignition coil letting water slip through? How did you solve this problem?

Could the washer jet nearest to the drivers side be leaking onto that area? i noticed that when i activate the washers, the one on the drivers side has water only coming out of one of the little holes and not the other (each one has 2 little holes on it)....

What caused yours?

Last edited: