ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RS Tuner thread (sorry) 182

182 cup packs
Hi

I got my RS Tuner in the post today and have a few questions.

The rst already on my 2005 182 (and the original according to the history on the rs tuner software) wasn't listed as a 'standard engine software' on the fastchip.nl website. Mine was 8100-7803

I backed up the original .rst and .cal files i downloaded the 8200-7804.rst May 2009 as my VIN starts CB22. After a quick drive with the 8200-7804 map that i have put on the car it seems pretty good. Slightly torquier perhaps and definitely more peaky, but the rev limiter is now at 7,000rpm, lower than before. Also the throttle response is no better and the idle the same ~850rpm and lumpy as per standard. Do the newer maps (8200-7C03 RON98 CB6K June 2009.cal and the 8200_7A04 RON98 CB21 June 2009.cal) address these things? Can i use one of these .cal files with CB22 VIN?

I'm happy with the map i put on there but was hoping for a bit more throttle response mainly for heel toe downshifts.

By the way car is standard apart from BMC CDA.

Thanks a lot for any advice

Last edited:
I wouldnt recommend using a map for a different engine on your car. You MAY be able to do it, but I would ask Fastchip first.

Have you loaded the CB22 .cal file too? You dont mention loading that on, just the .rst file.

That could be your problem.

Have you loaded the 8200_7804 RON98 CB22 May 2009 performance.cal ?
Also Idle will take some time to settle after every reprogramming.

182 cup packs
I didn't load the .cal file as assumed it was part of the .rst file I loaded on as the numbers were the same (8200-7804). I will put the .cal on as advised by Henk and see if it makes a difference.. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Cheers

Yeh .rst and .cal are different, and you need to load both.

Load the .cal file, and see if that makes a difference. As Henk says, it might take a little while for the map to settle down.