ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RSTuner review :)

172 Cup
Extremely impressed with it
Image155.jpg

The setup
Image148.jpg

ECU backup
Image150.jpg

Writing the group n map
Image153.jpg

ecu light flashes during install
Image156.jpg

Successfully installed
RSTuner1.png

New map at top of list
RSTuner2.png

7911rpm was loud:)

1st and 2nd useless in this weather but 3rd and 4th def pulls stronger and throttle response is alot sharper

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
you knows it ;) Glad u got it in time for Pod mate, cya there.

Lol u have hair gel in your car and I have those trousers :(

172 Cup
defo hopefully get to have a blast side by side if it aint too busy :)

ha ha thats in prep for pod, well, thats my excuse and im sticking to it :cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Well your 172 is lighter as standard and is more modded than mine so i cant see me beating you. Im up for a challange though ;)

Ill be on the line up at 4pm sharp :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The .rst file which you can download can be used on whatever. But the software loads your VIN and can only be used for the first vehicle its used for as far as I know.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I got mine in the post today, did Henk email you a map or did you pull one off the website?

I can see for my engine code there are two maps there, not sure what the difference is and can't see anywhere that says these are the ones which are safe to use.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the 2 rst files from the site that were for my engine code like the one you've got (well, different engine type but that's irrelavent), so I take it I can load up the one prefixed grn and it'll work ok?

The other file didn't have the grn prefix, is that a standard map?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yes.

backup your current ecu (.rst) file before loading the gnN just incase.

Clio Sport 172 phII
How many BHP did you get by RSTuner??

I have 172 phII and my firend has 182, can we use same map that comes with device or..??

THX

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I have to say, I'm interested in this gizmo. It seems almost too cheap to be true. What has put me off a remap in the past is that the dealership seem to reflash the ecu anytime it's in for warranty work. So that would be £300-£400 down the drain if that happened. Plus I would probably have to travel a long way to get the car remapped by someone reputable. With this I could take backups and do it myself. I would like to know if things like cruise control etc still function properly after the remap?

Trophy #267
@ ally dealer can upgrade uce but very rarely change the fuelling map, not that they wont. if you have the kit you couldways reo it anyway :)

@ andy its hardware & software you buy from a tuner which allows you to reprog your cars ecu with a modified map from the chap you got the hardware from. btw a SEARCH would have been very useful ;)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Tried mine tonight, need to run it for a while then send some logs to Henk so he can check it over but so far I can't feel any difference.

Only problem is I haven't driven the car for a few days so need to do some back to back tests.

I have to say, I'm interested in this gizmo. It seems almost too cheap to be true. What has put me off a remap in the past is that the dealership seem to reflash the ecu anytime it's in for warranty work. So that would be £300-£400 down the drain if that happened. Plus I would probably have to travel a long way to get the car remapped by someone reputable. With this I could take backups and do it myself. I would like to know if things like cruise control etc still function properly after the remap?

The dealer won't be able to overwrite your remap because we are using the last known software version. The dealers reprogramming tool (CLIP) recognizes this and won't perform a reprogramming.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
the software is free and available to download any updated versions. Basically you are buying a box that converts the odbII port to usb so the software can talk to the car.

You will also get support from henk if needs be, and addiontional maps.

Quick question;

Could this kit be used to backup an ECU that has already been remaped say by Superchips etc.

Could this backup then be used to program another car?

I would have thought it would be able to, would be interesting to see if these maps that people pay 300 quid for are any different to these generic ones this come with (grpn)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yup I was thinking that, would mean spending another 250 odd on another map, but you coudl then back it up and have a copy to compare.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I was told by Nick Hill(Hillpower) there wouldn't be a lot of different. I think it is justifyable to have custom map if you have cams and ITB's.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Finally got round to using my RSTuner. Better than expected results, no RR test so not claiming massive HP increase just better response from engine. Pulls a lot better, smoother power delivery which seems to help faster accelaration. I would have been happy if i'd paid £250 but for £120 delivered im overjoyed.

Henk just sent me latest 97 ron map so will give that a try this weekend and ill post feedback.

206 GTI
I'm thinking of doing this as it's much cheaper than the other options, only thing is I'm worried about how difficult it is to fit/pick the correct map etc. Can anyone shed some light on this for me as if it is prety straight forward I'll probably order myself one too

Thanks

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Just send Henk details of any mods you have and he'll email you the best map. Using it is easy just follow the instructions, pretty fool proof really. Takes maybe ten mins to back up ecu and install new map.

Been running mine for a week now and am loving the difference it makes.

172 Cup
mine is going on the rollers on sunday at some place in the wirral Dynodemon its called. will post up results, afr, and the log of the run when i get back

titanium 182,
is this just a cd to run in clip to carry out a re map and were do i get one lol and any more info would be nice as i seem to have missed this 1 doh
ps the link above doesnt work

Update for the CB1N, drop me a mail if you want the file for your RSTuner

- raised idle speed (900 rpm)
- VVT also activated during warmup phase
- disabled ignition r****d during warmup phase
- improved throttle response
- faster CL to OL transition

Use option 'write cal'

I think the raised Idle speed is a good idea bit lumpy sometimes running low

Henk - What are the advantages of VVT being activated when cold? Also disabling the ignition r****d?

Will be investing in one of these soon i think :)