ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another ticking noise

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
So small drive this morning, returned home and the engine was up to temperature I noticed a ticking noise, when I was messing with my wipers, comeing from the drivers side of the engine at the front....

(It sounds like someone has stuck something on the belt to make it click/tick if that makes sense)

So I gently increased the revs and it went, but then returns moments later...

Ideas peeps?
Is this my dephaser? :-(

Over 30 mins and the dephaser brigade have not rocked up yet.

Carbon cannister is in the drivers side wheel arch and can also tick.. These engines sound like sewing machines anyway. :)

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Just posted 2 videos on the Facebook page of the engine cold and warm...

If I can figure out how to post up hear from you tube I will...

Thanks all

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Take the link from the url bar on youtube, not one of the "video" links, then click the video button or add:

[videoo]link[/videoo]

either side of the link (with just one o) and that should sort it.

Lionel Richie
carbon canister, just unplug the pipe below the MAP sensor and put your finger over the pipe (engine side) and it'll disappear

Cup In bits
Do you not need to disconnect the wiring plug to the solenoid to stop the ticking?

No Fred's ways is easier as it removes the vacum from the system so will stop the clicking if its coming from there, it may rev the engine up a little bit removing the pipe with the engine running.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
No Fred's ways is easier as it removes the vacum from the system so will stop the clicking if its coming from there, it may rev the engine up a little bit removing the pipe with the engine running.

Cheers....

If I take the pipe off to prevent the tickling, then block the pipe, ( if advisable )

this hopefully should stop the noise till I fit a replacement... Fingers crossed...

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Just looking now...
Has anyone got pics?
As from underneath the I can't see anything as the tray is in the way...

And at the top I haven't a clue

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Just cut the plastic pipe that goes from the left hand side of the engine (looking from the front) down to under drivers headlight and plug the pipe close to the engine, disconnect the other end of the pipe at the carbon canister and remove the canister if you want.

Do the test first though as it might not be that.

Cup In bits
Okay on the opposite side from the two square holes on the fitting is a clip that will push through, its a horseshoe shape and that square holes are for horseshoe tails to come out if you get what I mean. Hard to describe.

And when the button (horseshoe) is depressed then pull the pipe apart.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Okay on the opposite side from the two square holes on the fitting is a clip that will push through, its a horseshoe shape and that square holes are for horseshoe tails to come out if you get what I mean. Hard to describe.

And when the button (horseshoe) is depressed then pull the pipe apart.

Fixed...
No more tick tick :)

Thank youuuuuu