ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Turini question..

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've searched the forum to death and now know that the standard renault centre caps don't fit an aftermarket turini - but what I'd like to know is why?

Whats different between them? the aftermaket turini looks to me like the cap isn't as recessed as the renault wheel but is that just the pictures I've seen?

Can they be adapted/altered to fit?

Cheapest way to get turinis on the car is to buy them new from speedline however I can't stand the speedline caps - to go the cup wheel route will cost more (second hand wheels plus refurb). Seems like a lot of extra cash to get a few quids worth of caps!

Could you attatch the renault diamond to the speedline cap do you think?

182 Cup
Anything's possible. The Renault caps have the diamond attached with spring clips, but I don't see why they can't be cut/ground down and stuck on to painted speedline caps. Having said that, I haven't seen the speedline caps.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I just found this picture - noticed it when I was posting this!

Apologies to the person whose picture it is!

Clioapril08new4partsandHRs008.jpg

Thats an aftermarket speedline with renault cap?

Who says it's etched ? Could be and probably is just an aftermarket decal .

And perhaps thats not even a rim, but a huge plastic frizby which looks like a rim, that someone has photo shopped a tyre onto!

Gees if we gonna be so cynical then its gonna defeat the purpose of making posts and looking for help, let's just call a spade a spade.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
And perhaps thats not even a rim, but a huge plastic frizby which looks like a rim, that someone has photo shopped a tyre onto!

Gees if we gonna be so cynical then its gonna defeat the purpose of making posts and looking for help, let's just call a spade a spade.

I'm not being cynical , i'm merely stating that it could be an aftermarket decal . There was someone on here a while back selling them .

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I just found this picture - noticed it when I was posting this!

Apologies to the person whose picture it is!

Clioapril08new4partsandHRs008.jpg

Thats an aftermarket speedline with renault cap?

Wow that looks great
;)

I bought these anthracite speedline wheels from Renault...

IIRC the Renault diamond caps will not fit speedline wheels from K-tec etc, or vica versa.

williams 2,seat leon
i had this problem last week with aftermarket turinis. the clips that hold the cap in are about 2 mm closer together so it wont fix on the wheel. what i did, was get an old rubber inner tube, cut it to fit the back of the cap, and pushed it in. it solid and does'nt move. will do until i can fix them in a more user friendly way.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I bought some new speedlines in white direct from Speedline Corse last monday (which have blue painted stamped logos on either side of the alloy), and have fitted the supplied centre caps until I get some Renault diamond ones to fit......will try fitting one of my old silver ones one evening this week when I get a chance to see if they are different or not......will be interesting to hear if anyone else has had problems fitting standard centres....

Have a look at my alloys on my project thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5001367&posted=1#post5001367

182 Cup
Slightly off topic, but just tried my silver Renault Turini inserts in my 182 Cup alloy. It's too small for the hole, a little dissapointed to be honest, think it would have looked ok.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
i had this problem last week with aftermarket turinis. the clips that hold the cap in are about 2 mm closer together so it wont fix on the wheel. what i did, was get an old rubber inner tube, cut it to fit the back of the cap, and pushed it in. it solid and does'nt move. will do until i can fix them in a more user friendly way.

Good solution - so the cap will actually slot into place in the correct way but not clip in for security? I'm sure I can sort something out in a similar vein to you then :)